Site Sponsors
Page 283 of 283 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283
Results 14,101 to 14,110 of 14110

Thread: Fun with Nikon Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with Nikon Images

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Hvaring View Post
    A few more from Venice. Z7 and 24-70mm/4.

Yes Arne, I've got Hasselblad film camera's since 1993, and walked Venice thin for several weeks with the SWC, a Nikon F80 (as lightmeeter) and a Gitzo, so everything was nice and very slow.
    Nothing compares to Venice. Like the SWC, Venice has a special place in my heart. So I therefore I just had to get the used X1D when it came as a bargain (here in Corona..) and 2 years warranty on top, to put my FE-lenses on.

I just wonder, this picture you has taken from Giudecca, but you are rather high up here, and I remember Giudecca as with lower buildings as these at Zattere.., and you are at 70mm and heavy crop I guess, while the canal is rather broad here.
    By the way one see the corner of the wonderful boatyard for Gondolas (Squero di San Trovaso - one of the two remaining old ones), the church behind which got two main-entrences, because it was sponsored by two rich family's, when builded, and they could not agree upon which of them should walk in as first-family, so they had to build another entrence, to arrive syncron and with same status-level (if only the world would suffer from such small problems...),
    and by the bridge behind the boatyard , at the right there is this very cosy and unique little bar "Cantine del Vino gią Schiavi", where you next time has to visit and ask for a glass of Fragolino-bianco, when cold, it taste like heaven, and even it is forbidden, you can just ask for a bottle, take the white, the red is too sweat, there will be no labels on, and the shape of the bottle is like the taste of it...formed in heaven.
    (ps. love your Venice-pictures)
    Last edited by Thorkil; 1 Week Ago at 05:07.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Two additions to the series Dark Times. Birds 1 & 2. Nikon Z7, Micro-NIKKOR 55mm f/2.8 Ai-S with FTZ adapter.

https://www.keithlaban.co.uk
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    Yes Arne, I've got Hasselblad film camera's since 1993, and walked Venice thin for several weeks with the SWC, a Nikon F80 (as lightmeeter) and a Gitzo, so everything was nice and very slow.
    Nothing compares to Venice. Like the SWC, Venice has a special place in my heart. So I therefore I just had to get the used X1D when it came as a bargain (here in Corona..) and 2 years warranty on top, to put my FE-lenses on.

I just wonder, this picture you has taken from Giudecca, but you are rather high up here, and I remember Giudecca as with lower buildings as these at Zattere.., and you are at 70mm and heavy crop I guess, while the canal is rather broad here.
    By the way one see the corner of the wonderful boatyard for Gondolas (Squero di San Trovaso - one of the two remaining old ones), the church behind which got two main-entrences, because it was sponsored by two rich family's, when builded, and they could not agree upon which of them should walk in as first-family, so they had to build another entrence, to arrive syncron and with same status-level (if only the world would suffer from such small problems...),
    and by the bridge behind the boatyard , at the right there is this very cosy and unique little bar "Cantine del Vino gią Schiavi", where you next time has to visit and ask for a glass of Fragolino-bianco, when cold, it taste like heaven, and even it is forbidden, you can just ask for a bottle, take the white, the red is too sweat, there will be no labels on, and the shape of the bottle is like the taste of it...formed in heaven.
    (ps. love your Venice-pictures)
    Hi Thorkil, thank you for the interesting info and congrat. with the X1D!. You are obviously well versed in Venetian local lore. Unfortunately our stop was only for two days, so time was too limited for in-depth exploration this time. As for the image in question: you are right it is taken from a high vantage point, namely the 13th deck of a cruiseship slowly gliding past. No cropping needed I'll make a note of that bar

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks folks

D700, zf 100/2
    koffee & kamera
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Additions to the series Dark Times. Birds 3 & 4. Nikon Z7, Micro-NIKKOR 55mm f/2.8 Ai-S with FTZ adapter.

No lives were harmed in the making of these images, including my own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Hvaring View Post
    Hi Thorkil, thank you for the interesting info and congrat. with the X1D!. You are obviously well versed in Venetian local lore. Unfortunately our stop was only for two days, so time was too limited for in-depth exploration this time. As for the image in question: you are right it is taken from a high vantage point, namely the 13th deck of a cruiseship slowly gliding past. No cropping needed I'll make a note of that bar
    Hi Arne, ok, that explains the steeper angle.
    They have been talking for several years to forbid cruise-ships, because they are ruining the foundations placed on wooden poles standing side by side in millions and millions in number.
    And they have as well in decades been talking of limiting the tourism which is increasing every year with increasing numbers of people worldwide who can afford to travel.
    Corona has given the world a much needed but short respite.
    But in a moment, "here we go again...", still speeding up towards the edge...

Post Thanks / Like

Ramesses. Z7, 50 S.

Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Joker. New single shot capture, physically modified subject, different background. Z7, Micro-NIKKOR 55mm f/2.8 Ai-S with FTZ adapter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

morning tide - Bass Harbor, Maine
    Z7 / Nikkor Z 50 f/1.8

www.douglaswoodphotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

2020: The Chinese Year of the Rat.