The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Testing out a new lens...

D700, 60G:)
As others have already said WOWWWW!! and WWWWOW!!:bugeyes:
I too had this lens once. Didn't gel with me.

But seeing what you have done with it..it must have been me.

Now, dear friend, :wtf: is that thing? and where do you keep it!!:eek:

Super duper demo here Steve.:thumbs:

shtarka1

Very excellent, Mister. Reminds me of somebody, but I can't remember who... maybe at the revenue office??
:DThanks Jorgen!
Steve: Usually I am not really interested in macros, so the only possible conclusion: must be your specific signature. Even your macros have content and tension - must be black (and white :)) magic. Lens, what lens, no matter!? :D :thumbs:
Much Appreciated My Friend!!!
As others have already said WOWWWW!! and WWWWOW!!:bugeyes:
I too had this lens once. Didn't gel with me.

But seeing what you have done with it..it must have been me.

Now, dear friend, :wtf: is that thing? and where do you keep it!!:eek:

Super duper demo here Steve.:thumbs:
:D:! He's A Bearded Dragon. Very sociable,friendly & attentive! You'd Love Him Rayyan!:D Thank You!!!

rayyan

Ari, I said. I have shown you the three previous photos.

I want a girl. Not a professional model like we saw the other day.

A Balinese girl..innocent, modest, and beautiful with long black hair. Never been a model, I repeat. Who does not work in bars or clubs..any clubs. And in Ubud. Not on the coast.

I want to photograph her in all the three places I have shown you.

Can you do that for me, my friend. I asked Ari.

Impossible, Mr. Rayyan. It seems you want a girl to marry, not to photograph! That would be a different proposition. I have to consult my elders!!

In that case Ari, I said, I have to get rid of my Charlie Sheen outfit ( not in style now I hear ), and put my pants on.

I shall have to do the job myself. You, my friend, take the next two days off.

And pass me my hypertension medication. Two capsules please. I might need
a stronger dose!!

Don't have much time. My friend Corlan is getting impatient.

Lloyd

Impressive detail, texture and color, Rayyan.

And no, you don't want to keep Corlan waiting. ;)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member

Who would, hey?

Now we know 'bout the two hypertension caps, maybe the famous blue pi..., er, bag, unveiled by our intrepid hero in a previous episode, will start to make sense...

:watch:

:D

shtarka1

Ari, I said. I have shown you the three previous photos.

I want a girl. Not a professional model like we saw the other day.

A Balinese girl..innocent, modest, and beautiful with long black hair. Never been a model, I repeat. Who does not work in bars or clubs..any clubs. And in Ubud. Not on the coast.

I want to photograph her in all the three places I have shown you.

Can you do that for me, my friend. I asked Ari.

Impossible, Mr. Rayyan. It seems you want a girl to marry, not to photograph! That would be a different proposition. I have to consult my elders!!

In that case Ari, I said, I have to get rid of my Charlie Sheen outfit ( not in style now I hear ), and put my pants on.

I shall have to do the job myself. You, my friend, take the next two days off.

And pass me my hypertension medication. Two capsules please. I might need
a stronger dose!!

Don't have much time. My friend Corlan is getting impatient.
This Entire Segment Needs To Be Framed & Put In The DPI Hall Of Fame!!!
:D:D:D:thumbs::thumbs::salute:

rayyan

Lloyd, thank you kindly. I can always meet up with Corlan in Alsace!!:D

Who would, hey?

Now we know 'bout the two hypertension caps, maybe the famous blue pi..., er, bag, unveiled by our intrepid hero in a previous episode, will start to make sense...

:watch:
:D
Oh yes..my dear friend Corlan. Of course..a thousand pardons! Talking about
blue pills, it was fortunate I put on my pants!! I take a lot of medication from
Pfizer..Plavix, Prozac and what do you call them blue pills?!! Very fortunate I tell you. Almost overstayed my Selamet Datung ..:D

Steve, thank you.

You guys are too much!!:salute::salute:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan, whatever workflow your using is working Extremely Well! I too find myself slipping between SEP 1 & 2. Oh well, whatever works! Excellent IQ,shooting & processing!:)
I have to vote with Steve here, Corlan. Really excellent tonalities in those b/w conversions. And the repost is well worth the second look. The new processing makes it a new image. :thumbup::thumbup:
Thanks my friends.
I like the simplified workflow, and yup it's all about the result...

Corlan, Masterful is what immediately comes to mind. Smooth is next. Lovely
tonality. Difficult to choose from the set..very difficult. #1 ( your father ? )
is one I would love to hang on the wall.

#2 is uniques, but different. I don't know how it prints.

#3; same horse? ( I counted the flies!!:D . what a beautiful portrait. The whites on the neck and mane...wow!

Lovely work.:thumbs:
Many thanks Rayyan. :)
(not my father, who's unfortunately no longer with us)

The first one prints nicely at any size (no crop here), and you're right #2 was a question mark but prints ok looking a bit like an old slightly overexposed photo -as it was intended for.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan, you've been holding out on me! Im amazed at how small,light & sharp it is! It certainly is a sleeping giant!:D Thanks Friend!:)
Talking about unusual gems in the 50-60mm category, and tiny, got myself a new favorite body cap.

Rummaging around in Jorgen's analog bag while he was testing E-6 K-8 and al, i found a real underestimated gem. Dirt cheap, too.

Here it is, courtesy of a much bigger sibling (C645 120mm - so, not a "Nikon shot"... or is it? :rolleyes:).

Couple of samples on the Nikon body...
It's great for portraits, with an analog like smoothness. Can't show a lot here unfortunately (can send few more samples upon request by email tho). First is same subject than on previous page, different occasion. Mixed lighting practically no PP, about 30% of the original framing:

Not a landscape beast, but still usable with beautiful colors:

Not the ultra-sharp product studio sessions companion either, but quite usable once stopped down for (reasonnably large) web stuff. Here's a small technical sample (piano lacquer, a pain to shoot... larger sample available on request).

Minimum focus distance is a bit long, it's MF, can't do it all but... nice body cap.

That's all for "Lens report of the day" folks :)

rayyan

That's all for "Lens report of the day" folks :)
Corlan, I pray your honorable father rests in peace. My apologies for inadvertently being a fool.

As to ' lens report of the day ', I like how it draws. Soft, creamy, dreamlike.
MF doesn't bother me, weight does! As you correctly pointed out Landscapes might not be its forte.

Thanks for the info. Love the portrait and the backlit.:thumbs:

rayyan

Bali is undoubtedly a paradise on earth.

I arrived in Bali with the intention of staying 5 days. They became 7, then 10, then 14 and finally 19 days.

One can visit a place as a tourist and depart as a tourist.

Or one can go as a guest and leave as a visitor.

Or else, on can visit a place as a stranger and leave as a friend.

Whichever way one chooses to come and leave, the Balinese say the words ' Selamat Datang '..Welcome.

The decision how you visit and depart Bali is yours to make. You will always be welcomed.

Corlan, my friend, there is a door in Bali. An old door. Legend has it that it is a door to a person's heart. It is said one needs to be truthful. Genuine. If their wish is to be fulfilled.

The door is kept locked. One unlocks it and enters. The locks are old. One lock is broken.

I opened this door and went in. Fools rush in...that's me.

Thank you for having shared this journey with me.

Selamat Tinggal.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nice lens cap, Corlan. Simple does it sometimes, and in this case, the results look pleasant. Did you do the conversion yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.