The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photojazz

Corlan, again t hese shots were just selected as test subjects for my new tools really. A little history on that shot you had an unsettling feeling about the angle of it, what you should know is I was with a group of about 15 photographers. I found myself in a position of being boxed out to one side, so I started looking for creative angles from there. That explains the shot some anyway.

Thanks on my other shot, it was another day with another group, but with hikers this day. It was a really pretty place off that bridge above Mouse Creek Falls.

Ryan, the SF street shot, way cool! Looks like you didn't have to add any fog to the GGB shot! nice job.

Photojazz

Matt, your bear BW is wonderful. Be careful.

Corlan, nice fun portrait.

Here's a reprocess from last fall atop Clingman's Dome, Great Smoky Mountains National Park 116mm(70-200mm 2.8VRII) f7.1, 400 iso D3s

"Itchy nose"

Cheers, Matt.
Another loonnnggg winter we had here... lot of smiles nevertheless, and even, laughs.

Matt, your bear BW is wonderful. Be careful.

Corlan, nice fun portrait.

Here's a reprocess from last fall atop Clingman's Dome, Great Smoky Mountains National Park 116mm(70-200mm 2.8VRII) f7.1, 400 iso D3s
Matt: :thumbs: for the "Itchy nose"! :salute:

Corlan: Love the "natural" look and feel to that portrait, very well captured and apt PP! :thumbs::thumbs:

Doug: To me it seems reprocessing works very well, worthwhile the investment ... :thumbup:

CNovick

Greetings all!

I just found this forum and joined. I am back into photography (after a 30 year hiatus). I have a Nikon D3000. This is my first attempt ever at a panoramic shot. It is 4 pictures. Taken on Mar 20,2011 off the Interstate (super-highway) in the Adirondack Mountains in Upstate New York - looking east. Any suggestions and/or criticisms (I am thick-skinned)?

Photojazz

Thanks Hermann. :)

Steve, appreciate it!

That was a really interesting night, when the sun set, a full moon came up from almost the same area. I am not sure I have ever seen that before. I think it was harvest moon night. I was unfortunately not prepared to shoot the moon this night, because it was to have been a hike to top of dome and I don't leave 4K lenses in the truck while I am off hiking.

One more from the series about the elderly in our society:

"Just Passing By"

D 700, 24 - 70 mm/2.8 G @ 32 mm & f/2.8

Really hate the saw teeth due to resizing, but don't know how to get rid of it.:confused:

Hope you like it and thanks for your interest!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Hermann: that's a nice shot with some quiet stuff going on. I like the couple's shirt selection. Nicely seen.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.