The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photojazz

Hermann, I know it's on the edge. I was going for more a dark chalk drawing look here. It's an image I took last year.

I was also using a new tool. So, testing it out.

Thanks Steve.

Matt, you need to get him a hair brush so he can prep for shots. ;) They are such beautiful bears.

rayyan

Matt, Hermann, Steve; A big thank you.:salute:

Matt, The 1st and 2nd are to grizzly. Luv the middle one. Cuddly.
Unless they are the same. In which case all 3.:thumbs:

rayyan

Steve, #1 and #2 is :salute: my kind of sedate photography.

The entire set, taken as a whole, is :eek:

Extreme sports...the one that should have a PG rating.

Lovely sir.:thumbs:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Bears and bikes. Seems to be a theme! And a good one. Very nice shooting everyone. Makes me want to ditch my life and travel the world. Alas, the winter won't leave. Sixteen inches of wet snow on April 1. I'm beginning to think the fool is me for putting up with it.

Tim

rayyan

Makes me want to ditch my life and travel the world.

Tim
Tim, that's a splendid shot. The control of tones is enviable.

Don't be too sure other places might be better. At least you are with family and friends where you are. And beautiful scenary.

Regards.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Don't be too sure other places might be better. At least you are with family and friends where you are. And beautiful scenary.

Regards.
Thank you Rayyan. You are right of course. Still, every once in awhile the wanderlust returns. But, usually around the same time, the season changes and I find myself occupied with it in one way or another. Not the worst way to spend time. Maybe once my pre-retirement is over I'll get better at making the time for travel.

Tim

m_driscoll

Matt: I'm confident that pp is outstanding, but such is not only pp. More really great bear portraits. (All of them, but particularly like the second one.) :thumbs:
BTW: Would you mind giving some hints on your modification in pp? :)
Hermann: Thank you! :D It's complex and probably overdone. I'll send you something.

Gentlemen, the Excellence Continues...:thumbs:
Matt, you need to get him a hair brush so he can prep for shots. ;) They are such beautiful bears.
Matt, The 1st and 2nd are to grizzly. Luv the middle one. Cuddly.
Unless they are the same. In which case all 3.:thumbs:
Steve/Doug/Rayyan: Thanks, all. I'm pretty sure that the second and third are the same bear; not sure about the first. I offered a comb. :D:D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Bears and bikes. Seems to be a theme! And a good one. Very nice shooting everyone. Makes me want to ditch my life and travel the world. Alas, the winter won't leave. Sixteen inches of wet snow on April 1. I'm beginning to think the fool is me for putting up with it.

Tim

Regards.
Tim: +1! :thumbup:

Anything carried to excess can be disturbiing. To say the least.

Even travel!:eek:

Rayyan: I like this; but, I'm not sure that I understand what I'm seeing. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

etrigan63

Went to the Fair today. Got this capture as we were leaving.

D700 + 18mm ZF.2 wide open. Shot RAW, processed in C1v6.1.1, standard settings with a slight bump in saturation (+5)

Tim: +1! :thumbup:

Rayyan: I like this; but, I'm not sure that I understand what I'm seeing. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

Tim: +2. Though I really do understand your "troubles", this picture is just beautiful, particularly love the tones here! :thumbs:

Rayyan: Exactly my thoughts: What's that, what I'm seeing, but pretty nice anyway! :thumbs:

Speaking Of Bikes...

D700, 300VR 2.8:)
Steve: No need to emphasize, that I'm interested in bikes and bike shots :D, so for me that's a great series. And if I had to choose only one, that would be the first one - love it! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.