The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

What amazing collection of shots. Add this one to my faves.
Lloyd: Thanks. It's fun going back through the photos that were initially passed over. :D

I like the things on this page...

D3S/45mm 2.8 PC-E Silver Efex II Chestnut Top Trail Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Wild Iris, Tennessee State Flower: 45mm 2.8 PC-E I really wasn't trying for such a narrow depth of field on this shot, it just happened.
Doug: Both of these are very nice. The pp in the B&W is exceptional. Like a fine etching. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Oh... I almost forgot; a special something for Rayyan :D
Some of those boys have sisters too :p
Jorgen, Different than the pit stops, no?

One is easily forgotten. Quick, in and out..so to speak.

This one is genteel, history, tradition, culture. Experience that stays with you
for long..very long.

I have to move along..to the next pit stop.:D

Thank you for sharing.:thumbs:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, Different than the pit stops, no?

One is easily forgotten. Quick, in and out..so to speak.

This one is genteel, history, tradition, culture. Experience that stays with you
for long..very long.

I have to move along..to the next pit stop.:D

Thank you for sharing.:thumbs:
Yes, Rayyan, very different. Girls, other people, community... it's all more real, more relaxed but still more elaborate. The questions they ask and the things they discuss have real meanings. It's a bit like Norway before the oil changed it into a rich but superficial society. Having to struggle a bit for survival can be good sometimes. It makes people more beautiful, inside and out :)

rayyan

Interesting color/textures Rayyan
Doug, much appreciated sir.

Rayyan: Sometimes it's hard to believe that your photos are taken on this planet! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

Matt, don't be too surprised! A lot of serious people consider us aliens, in form and substance.:D

Rayyan, this photo fascinates me. There's something unreal about the building, but where is it? It looks like Italy to me, but I could be on the wrong globe for all I know.
Jorgen, thank you. This was in Budapest.

Folks thanks to you all.:salute:

rayyan

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 145mm and f/2.8

Jorgen, that is an atmospheric capture. Full of story.:thumbs:

Some like to feel and squeeze.
Others like to squeeze and feel.

Both get the job done. One is more satisfying.

Regards.

My corner of the world (within a thousand miles anyway!). Cheers, Matt

D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 1600

Matt, that's a good one. Nice job seperating the tones in this one.
I like that bear, maybe because you are catching him in a gentle mood!:thumbs:

Cheers, Matt.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
OK... hopelessly catching up... so just a few takes from all the great photos posted in the last few pages...

From a job yesterday, so I thought I'd share!

Interesting glamour look Jason, works well with the stance, the strong green... quite nice.

Was wondering if you considered cropping out some of the left section (into 3*4 or so) for an even more dynamic composition? And possibly straighten with just the slightest rotation CCW? Just thinking out loud here :)

Matt, Rayyan, Doug, Steve, Hermann - EXCELLENT work!

More from San Fran area

More great stuff from SF, Ryan. This one makes me miss the West Coast... as your other series makes me longing for Georgia :)

One more from the series about the elderly in our society:

"Just Passing By"

D 700, 24 - 70 mm/2.8 G @ 32 mm & f/2.8

Really hate the saw teeth due to resizing, but don't know how to get rid of it.:confused:

Hope you like it and thanks for your interest!

Perfect, Hermann.
Where's the rest of the series? Want to see that!

D300 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/4.0

Classic Jorgen :salute:

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
"That didn't taste right!"

D3; 300mm f/2.8 w/ TC-14E; 1/250s @ f/10; ISO 1400

Cheers, Matt

A few more bears. I'm having fun. I think that I'm getting the pp better (thanks Tim for the tip)

2. D3; 300mm f/2.8 w/TC-14E; 1/320 @ f/6.3; ISO 800

3. D3; 300mm f/2.8 w/TC-14E; 1/320 @ f/6.3; ISO 800

Cheers, Matt.

Great, great and great again, all of them bear shots, Matt.

That said, maybe it's time you'd share the -definitely improved- new secret PP recipes? Or is it Tim's? :confused:

OK, both of you then... ;)

Speaking Of Bikes...

Steve, even though i selected above two shots on the static side for their tension, great action set all the way. Love the band session, too. The cymbal bokeh ( or is it "symbalic"? ;) ) shot there is excellent, both visually and semantically. The band portraits on top, as usual. :thumbs:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Bears and bikes. Seems to be a theme! And a good one. Very nice shooting everyone. Makes me want to ditch my life and travel the world. Alas, the winter won't leave. Sixteen inches of wet snow on April 1. I'm beginning to think the fool is me for putting up with it.

Tim
I'll add my voice to Rayyan's comment, Tim.
And you sure live in a beautiful area... greener grass and all...
(even though in your case, maybe it's "whiter grass"? :confused: :p :ROTFL:
just pulling your leg... :D)

Rayyan, lots of great photos form Bali, Budapest, well from all over. Among the recent ones posted, i shouldn't have just kept this one here, but... it's truly exhibition material. Fantastic.

Oh... I almost forgot; a special something for Rayyan :D
Some of those boys have sisters too :p

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 135mm and f/2.8

Are non-Rayyan passers-by allowed to lurk? :D

More seriously: it sounds like it was a special experience (if not overwhelming in some way)... in my childhood i've heard many descriptions and stories of quite similar traditions from the Laotian/VN side... seen lots of aged B&W photos, too. Seeing your more modern, colorful version (to me) brings back a lot of memories. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.