The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Thanks Matt.

Here's the story:
The monks, who are all children from 6 to 12, are only monks for a few weeks. Most of them come from poor families in a nearby area. It's normal for monks to go out and get food from people in the morning, but these were about one hundred. The event was apparently well announced in advance, and people gave them lots of food and.... sweets. That's not the usual monk diet, but I guess they made an exception for these guys :)

I stumbled upon them by coincidence, and followed them around for an hour. I can assure you: it was an extremely emotional experience.

For Buddhists, giving food to monks is an important part of the religious life, so this exercise is generally seen as very positive for all involved.
Great shot, and even better story. Love that latest shot as well... terrific stuff, as always. :salute:

Lloyd

Lloyd, tell your granddaughter that you shall get her the same!!:thumbs:
And please do it. Thank you.
Ok, Rayyan, so here's the rest of the story. After you sent this, I showed her the picture of young Rayyan again, and asked if she'd like some PJs like that. She laughed and said, "That's silly Papa. I'm not a boy!" Women! What you gonna do?

rayyan

My images posted from flickr seem to disappear fast. Dunno why.

Testing with this one of my son and the doggie in the woods today - mostly hikable again (the woods, that is :D)

leif e
Leif, lovely quality time one sees here.:thumbup:

Seattle's Pike Place Market.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, Just love the first and second. The news..I stopped hearing, reading, talking, seeing or anything to do with it!:thumbup:

rayyan

Ok, Rayyan, so here's the rest of the story. After you sent this, I showed her the picture of young Rayyan again, and asked if she'd like some PJs like that. She laughed and said, "That's silly Papa. I'm not a boy!"

Women! What you gonna do?
Lloyd, at least pretend you shall do what they say. This tactic has kept them out of my hair..whatever little there is left of it!!; all because of them.

Regards.

m_driscoll

Matt, Just love the first and second. The news..I stopped hearing, reading, talking, seeing or anything to do with it!:thumbup:
Rayyan: Thank you, sir! :D I know what you mean; but, it's hard to avoid.
Rayyan: That's a very unusual; but, cool carving. :thumbup:

I like :thumbs:
Jorgen: Thanks! :D

Viablex1: This is a twist, normally, the people are already long gone from your abandoned buildings. Great sultry, scary, vampire-like look. Beautiful photo. Evocative. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdrisdcoll.zenfolio.com

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
The All New Fun with Nikon Images

Those tulip and daffodil images are indeed beautiful, Matt (Driscoll), and great moments caught from Seattle's Pike Place Market, I also dig the graphic strength of the News sign

Cool composition, Matt (Viablex), and excellent exposed and / or post processed in the difficult lighting situation

Rayyan, your Bali series is an endless source of wonderfull pictures, love the carpenter shot

Jorgen, you really make that D300 + 80-200mm combo sing, obviously a very efficient optic, images like 'Waiting' and 'Minor Wumbleness' are just soo good, looking forward to see more from your outstanding Shan and Tai Yai people series

Excellent people shots in the streets, Tim, addictive as Jorgen said (seems to take a password to see the larger files at SmugMug)

Leif, your spring flower captures are absolutely lovely, obviously some brilliant classic manual focus optics you use on your nice CCD sensor based D200, very nice rendering indeed

MHC, I follow your serene zen minimalistic compositions with great interest

Steve, love your concert session, and your Wild Iris shot is simply stunning

And Photojazz' National Park shots, and Jason's fashion shot, and CNovick's street lamps, petetsai's Porsche 911 Turbo, Hermann's moving elderly series, Ryan Solti's great nature captures from San Fran, Corlan's portraits and random abstracts, Carlos' carousel ... I could go on and on, so many nice images here ...

- and Rayyan and Lloyd, thank you both of you for your kind remarks

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

The real world

click for larger (3.5 Mb) - in some browsers F11 deactivates <-> and again activates menu lines

Nikon D300 • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G • 1/1600 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you Steen, Rayyan and Matt.

Steen,
The 80-200 AF-S is a proven gem, and permanently mounted on the D300. It's a heavy combo though, and it makes a mess of my logistics when travelling. I even consider buying one or two more, for backup and to have one at the locations where I need it most frequently, so that I don't have to schlep it around all the time. Unfortunately, many have discovered its qualities, and it mostly sells for the same price as the 70-200 VR I nowadays, around $1,500 :(
I paid $1,000 for mine, 4 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.