The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very interesting (photographically, as well as geographically). I love the moody sky in each image. I especially like the 2nd image. The mix of color and light temperature adds a lot of interest. Thanks for sharing.
Makes me want to go there. Very good!

m_driscoll

All Excellent but the last one is Freaken Awesome! A New Favorite For Me Matt!!!!:thumbs:
Another strong set Matt. I like the first one in color as well. That last one is surpassing. Love it!:salute:

I am wondering, however, how you manage to stretch that 24-70 out to 195mm. I need to learn that technique. :D
Kind of a reverse crop... pre capture, eh?:D
Steve/Lloyd: Thanks!!! :D:D 195mm because i'm an idiot! It was the 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII, not the 24-70. :eek: :confused:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Unusual techniques discussed here, to play safe I'll just stick to ordinary posting. Been away for so long that I'm not sure I remember how to do it. Let's see...
Three instances from a late Bosphorus tour, D700 and 24-70/2.8.

Osman: These are very nice! The composition and color is great in all three. The night shot's especially well done: very natural looking. The wide angle distortion in the first strengthens that composition. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

More stretching of comfort zones (i.e. real people on the street). I continue to be amazed at people's willingness to be photographed. Fun!

Best,
Tim
:thumbup:These are great, Tim! I think you've found your calling. Love that second one... nothing beats a great pair of legs!!:thumbup:
Yup, very good :thumbs:
Tim: "Gottta love Spring." I like all three, but, I'm going with the legs, too!

Cheers, Matt

Vlad

Matt, I love those bear shots of yours. Makes me almost want to hop in the grass with them and cuddle.

Maybe I shouldn't.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Rayyan: more great stuff. The Ritual Bath photo is absolutely fantastic.
Splendid wood works from Bali, too.
The plaque from Alsace is lot of fun. Probably near Saint Hyppolite (?) Some villages in the area got a long history of turmoil and interesting customs when it comes to obeying the law.
**Love** the Ayesha Photomic with the Republican Guard (i thought i've seen that one before? Still a winner by all means) :toocool:

Vlad: fine revisitation of the classic Dummies shot. Composition and tones are excellent.

Matt: more Market Place cheerful moments, more extraordinary bear (and their environnement) views. Re the latter, i particularly love #2 and #3 quoted by Steve above. Respectively so cute, and so impressive...

Jorgen: "Waiting" "Distracted" are instant favorites. Added links in the appropriate folder. Superb.

Matto: even freakier than usual :eek:. What about a set in there with just some silhouettes and shadows?

Leif: notwithstanding your humourous comment about the "direction of food", it's really a great portrait. :thumbup:

Osman: love this night shot! Well done ideed, and... having dinner at the restaurant on the right is quite an entertaining thought.

Tim: seems you have a lot of fun with your new endeavor, walking the streets. Terrific results, the legs shot is perfect and the lil' girl portrait's spot on.
Re fighting timidity when taking photos of strangers, have you considered some accelerated courses given by our very members here. Highly recommended is Rayyan's "Sweet Talk, Smooth Operator" and Jorgen's "How to beat the odds of blending in".
(of less interest, is my own "how to invariably get busted" workshop :deadhorse:). :D

All, and everyone, great work! :thumbs:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
On the horizon, lots of light, lots of dust.
Late spring season will be busy for harness racing. Time for...

"Light Training":

shtarka1

Vlad, Lovely Pic Of The Mrs.!

Corlan, Outstanding! Looks Like Its Right Out Of Mathew Brady's Collection From The 1800s!:salute:

Lloyd

Matt, I love those bear shots of yours. Makes me almost want to hop in the grass with them and cuddle.

Maybe I shouldn't.
Plus 1 from me... except on the cuddling part. I'm happy to give those bears all the room they need!! :eek:

Lloyd

The wife:
Nice portrait Vlad. Very timeless quality to that shot... with the RayBans accentuated, given that they've been around for so long. (Ironically, just this morning, as I was driving my wife to the train, we were talking about how we both used to have those and loved them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.