The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Rayyan: Those last two... Wow. Just Wow!

Corlan: Welcome backl! We've missed you. Great shot!

viablex1

this is a multi-image stitch, equaling ~50 megapixels in full resolution. d300 + nikon shift 35mm

another multi-image stitch, from a different, slightly more precarious position... :)
nice stuff, I usually see you stuff on futurespeak, good to see it here!!

m_driscoll

Matt, Nice to see you shooting again! Cool Lines & Tone!
Matt: Thanks & BIG +1 to that what Steve stated! Love that sort of crazy colors and blur in this one.
Looks like we both have tall things blocking the view. :D
(I had that lens for several years. Sharp, but slow focusing, plus it seemed to hunt for focus a lot. And it was too BIG for a good travel lens.
Thanks a lot Matt. Nice to have you shooting again as Steve mentioned.
Careful that thing is not only blocking the view ( per Lloyd ) I think it is tilting.

Take care.
Steve/Hermann/Lloyd/Rayyan: Gentlemen, thanks! :D Still got a few things too deal with. Not quite shooting again (older photo). The mountains and Husky Stadium are back there somewhere? I had that lens about a week and then returned it (Lloyd said why). I never noticed that the pole was tilting that much. I'll be sure to not park under it. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

PeterB666

A shot from the outdoor pool room...

Coledale a1 by peterb666, on Flickr

OK, it is Coledale Rock Pool which is located around 50 km south of Sydney, Australia. It was built in the 1920s by volunteer labour for the local coal mining community so they could swim safely as they didn't like being eaten by sharks.

Taken with a Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm lens around 10 minutes before "first light".

Lloyd

A shot from the outdoor pool room...

Coledale a1[/url] by peterb666, on Flickr

OK, it is Coledale Rock Pool which is located around 50 km south of Sydney, Australia. It was built in the 1920s by volunteer labour for the local coal mining community so they could swim safely as they didn't like being eaten by sharks.

Taken with a Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm lens around 10 minutes before "first light".
You know what, not being eaten by sharks sounds like a good plan! Great image. Wonderful light. Very interesting info about the place. Thanks for sharing.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
The All New Fun with Nikon Images

" ... so they could swim safely ... "

Oh-oh.
On the surface your Coledale Rock Pool sunrise scenery looks so quiet, calm and beautiful, Peter.
But let's not fool ourselves. I feel the intro music from Jaws ... :shocked:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

I take no chances. Didn't take a swim. You never know.

click for larger

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AI-S 2.8/28mm • at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Greetings! I've been playing "Road Crew" during a series of back-to-back snow storms, so not around much. With so much snow, I don't have much choice but to shoot it. Here are a few recent shots depicting us trying to make the best of all that white stuff. Cheers!

Lloyd

Re: 49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

I take no chances. Didn't take a swim. You never know.

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AI-S 2.8/28mm • at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX[/SIZE][/COLOR][/center]
Nice shots, Steen. But I'd guess that not swimming was a good idea. Looks a little chilly!

Greetings! I've been playing "Road Crew" during a series of back-to-back snow storms, so not around much. With so much snow, I don't have much choice but to shoot it. Here are a few recent shots depicting us trying to make the best of all that white stuff. Cheers!
Nice shots Tim. Good to hear from you. Looks like you had the angels looking out for you.

D700 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8
And a better than good image. :thumbup:

shtarka1

Steen,Tim & Jorgen All Unique & Colorful Comps From Different Parts Of The Planet! Aint The Internet Grand!:D

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

" ... Aint The Internet Grand!"

Yes Sir, after the long winter I wish I could quickly surfe to Jorgen's place for a while :D

Thank you, Lloyd and Steve :)

Status
Not open for further replies.