The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Rayyan: I want to travel with you! You appear to have a "backstage pass" to life. I could just say "I'm with him". :cool: Why do the statues have skirts? More Balinese dancer shots coming, I hope? Beautiful photos. +1 to what Lloyd and Steve said. On Weds., I'll be in Hawaii. That's a third of the way to Bali. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, Hi. Hope you enjoy Hawaii. Last time I was there I was young!!:eek:

You are more than welcome to travel with me Matt. A pleasure. I shall say ' I am with him ' this time around.

I shall sit thru a dance just for you!!:D

Black and white signifies evil and good. Darkness and light. Yellow and white is
one step up..more holy.

Take care. Best regards.

rayyan

I am told that to appreciate Balines art, culture, and life one has to appreciate the smallest of details. The flick of a girl's eye, the movement of a finger, the color/s and engravings on the art forms.

Too early for me to absorb, but a pleasure to try..

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Balinese dances and dancers are world renowned for their grace, beauty, color, costumes, and grace.

I went to watch a dance. there were 300 others. With cameras, teles, flashes
and what not...

I did not watch the dance. Talked my way backstage.

Who cares about the dance. I wanted to meet the dancers. Or their friends.

I stayed all the time watching them prepare. Talking and shooting. That's what I do when I feel sad...away from home. All alone. I didn't intend to remain alone for long..
Great shot of the two dancers, Rayyan. You make me envious. Where's the way to Bali, I wonder... (or should I unpack my dirty laundry from Cambodia first?).

Sorry that I can't post any Cambodia photos here. They were all taken with the GH1.

shtarka1

Stunning!!!
Been insanely busy with Fashion Week, but it's time to take a breather and share some of the shots I've taken around NYC this week.

The master:
Fantastic!
The pressure is on for Tory Burch. Anna watches.

Intense Gazes!
Lovely Color & Treasure Rayyan!
I liked this piece of street art...

Street Art 2 by peterb666, on Flickr
Love it!
It was sunny and warm in San Francisco yesterday. Joe
Pretty color & composition!

rayyan

Great shot of the two dancers, Rayyan. You make me envious. Where's the way to Bali, I wonder... (or should I unpack my dirty laundry from Cambodia first?).

Sorry that I can't post any Cambodia photos here. They were all taken with the GH1.
Jorgen, Much appreciated pal. Cambodia is as good Jorgen. I was almost there, this trip.

Bali is just a hop away. Come on over...we shall have a ball. Just bring your swimming costume!!:D

Stunning!!!

Lovely Color & Treasure Rayyan!
Steve, thank you very much.

Thanks guys.:salute:

rayyan

Chinese New Year In Boston...
Steve, photos that make me feel I am there. That is a gift. you demonstrate that quality in these captures.

Riots of color in the first.

#s 2,7,8,10 are sublime and glorious.

Brilliant shooting.:salute:

shtarka1

Beautiful images Steve. They remind me why I want an 85G 1.4!
Than you Ben! The 85G is Truly Special!
Steve, photos that make me feel I am there. That is a gift. you demonstrate that quality in these captures.

Riots of color in the first.

#s 2,7,8,10 are sublime and glorious.

Brilliant shooting.:salute:
Thanks Rayyan! Met up with Joe (RF Licks) from our forum & a few other friends & had some Fun!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Fabulous photos, Vlad, both the street and the fashion crowd.

I would love to join you in Bali, Rayyan, but something tells me that work has to be my priority for a couple of weeks.

Vlad

Thanks everyone. This one's a random beauty that I shot prior to the Marc Jacobs show tonight. That look, mesmerizing.

rayyan

Feel the spirit of place. Feel the spirit of Bali.

The photographs shall take care of themselves...

Status
Not open for further replies.