The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Lloyd

Still trying to catch up. I had nearly 2000 images to process from this past weekend's event. About 2/3rds finished.

One from the weekend. From a Kid's Snowboot race (the oldest here is 10 or 11). BTW, the girl in the red seriously trounced them. She was fast!

D3s, 70-200/2.8 VRII

viablex1

Still trying to catch up. I had nearly 2000 images to process from this past weekend's event. About 2/3rds finished.

One from the weekend. From a Kid's Snowboot race (the oldest here is 10 or 11). BTW, the girl in the red seriously trounced them. She was fast!

D3s, 70-200/2.8 VRII
man the colors pop!!! she is flying!!

D3s, 70-200/2.8 VRII
Lloyd: Great dynamics, ambition and fun (!) here, very well captured!
BTW - out of curiosity: What distance did they run?

rayyan

Lloyd, the excitement and the sheer determination is written all over the faces.
Excellent capture my friend.:thumbs:

rayyan

Tanah-Lot Temple..One of the most sacred Temples in Bali. The first Hindu Temple on the island.

Most magazine photos show the Temple at sunset. I am told a magnificent sight. It must be.

Only it is way too crowded and impossible to get through to the Temple at that time.

So just as documentation, here it is, in the worst possible morning light!!

routlaw

Lloyd, it's almost as though you did not have to say the young lady in red trounced the rest of them, it was written all over her face. From the first second one could tell she was going to do just that. Very well done!

Lloyd

man the colors pop!!! she is flying!!
Thanks Matto. BTW, that's the in-camera jpg. Straight out of the camera.

Lloyd: Great dynamics, ambition and fun (!) here, very well captured!
BTW - out of curiosity: What distance did they run?
Thanks Hermann. They were only running about 150 meters. This was for kids of all ages, and was held right after the finish of the XC ski races. Pix of those to follow (hopefully).

Lloyd, the excitement and the sheer determination is written all over the faces.
Excellent capture my friend.:thumbs:
Thanks, my friend. I was fun to watch, and the good news is that first to last, they all received the same prize, so everyone was happy in the end.

Lloyd, Killer shot & IQ!
Thanks bro. Much appreciated.

Lloyd

Lloyd, it's almost as though you did not have to say the young lady in red trounced the rest of them, it was written all over her face. From the first second one could tell she was going to do just that. Very well done!
I agree, Rob. I got a kick out of her in all the XC races of the weekend. That girl is a serious competitor! (BTW, she's cute now at 11, but she's going to be a real beauty one day as well. Her mother told me the wolves are already starting to circle. Fortunately, she can out run them. :D)

Lloyd

Tanah-Lot Temple..One of the most sacred Temples in Bali. The first Hindu Temple on the island.

Most magazine photos show the Temple at sunset. I am told a magnificent sight. It must be.

Only it is way too crowded and impossible to get through to the Temple at that time.

So just as documentation, here it is, in the worst possible morning light!!
Nice shot nonetheless. Looks like an amazing place... but not where one would want to be in a Tsunami, eh?

At the Holy Water Spring Temple, Bali.
Beautiful moment... and subject. Spot on (as always) color.

rayyan

Each place has a soul.

To do the kind of photography I enjoy, I have to get to the soul of the place. The spirit of place, if you must.

That is what I do when I arrive in a new country or place. No camera. Just me. Walking, talking, eating and mixing amongst the crowd. To get a feel. To hear the vibes.

What is it that the people hold dear. That which governs their everyday life. Their very being. In many instances, I found it was commerce. Money. In other cities, it was the mining culture. While some others lived for sport.

I had read all I could about Bali. On the internet. Books. Seen the photos on various sites. I had researched the place. Knew its geography, regions, culture, economics, parts of its history, its religion.

But nowhere, I knew, would I find Bali's soul. I had to be there. To experience it. I have gotten pretty adept at doing this. In the first two days, I knew what moved Bali's people. I knew Bali's soul.

So from the Soul of Bali, in the heart of Ubud..

Status
Not open for further replies.