The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

No, this is not the same. From the other side of the pillar.:D
I like this perspective, and change in the point of focus. Together, the shots tell more of the story. And, I'm so impressed with your skin tones. Spot on perfect!!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, thanks. When's the next pit stop!:D
Not until the end of the month, so your love for racing-cars will have to wait until then :ROTFL:
I hope this somewhat related photo can help ease the pain until then :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 185mm and f/3.2

shtarka1

No, this is not the same. From the other side of the pillar.:D
CENTER]
[/CENTER]
Admirable Focus For Putting On Make Up!Rayyan, Same For You With Regards To Photography Of Course!:D

Shot this one today while giving a workshop on long exposure motion photography....

Light and Motion by PeteTsai, on Flickr
Perfect Pete!!!:thumbs:
Not until the end of the month, so your love for racing-cars will have to wait until then :ROTFL:
I hope this somewhat related photo can help ease the pain until then :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 185mm and f/3.2

So sharp,colorful & cute Jorgen!!!

petetsai

Very Pretty Candids Jorgen!

Matt ~ Thanks, I didn't even notice the faces and expressions on the 2 little girls until afterwards, I really liked how a little light spilled on her face and the face that she was looking to the right.

Lloyd, Jorgen, & Steve - thank you very much!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
What a great page! Is it my imagination or is everyone here getting better? Thanks to everyone for the inspiring images.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Splash! Looks refreshing Rayyan! All the water around here is frozen!

And this is not art. It's just me being completely surprised by a lens that cost $119—new from BH—the plasticky-feeling-light-as-a-feather Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D. Holy cow! This must be the anti-Leica lens in terms of cost and build, but the performance is pretty amazing.

Lloyd

Splash! Looks refreshing Rayyan! All the water around here is frozen!

And this is not art. It's just me being completely surprised by a lens that cost $119—new from BH—the plasticky-feeling-light-as-a-feather Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D. Holy cow! This must be the anti-Leica lens in terms of cost and build, but the performance is pretty amazing.
True dat! That really is one of the under-appreciated, low-cost gems. I loaned my son my 50/1.4D, and then bought him the 1.8 as a replacement. He was a little disappointed when I gave it to him, but he called me a few days later and raved about the performance of the lens. I don't think you could pry it out of his hand now.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Yes, the 50mm 1.8 is really a steal. Even the bokeh is surprisingly pleasant most of the time. It can be used for taking photos of girls :D

D700 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0

... or salads for those on a healthier diet :ROTFL:

D700 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/4.0

Lloyd

Those are gorgeous images, Jorgen. And that's a particularly attractive young woman in that first one. (You know, that salad ain't bad either! ;) )

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
You know Lloyd, experience strongly indicates that going for the salad makes the most sense. On the other hand, there's always a chance that the world has changed, nullifying anything previously learned :ROTFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.