The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Very nice shot, Lloyd :thumbup:
Thank you Jorgen. It was a fun shoot.

Lloyd: Perfect shot!!! (insert salute here)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thanks Matt. Your sacrifice made it all possible. ;)

Lloyd, decisive moment, decisive color. Decisive photography!:thumbs:
Much appreciated, my friend.

Perfect Form & Concentration! Great Timing Lloyd!
Thanks cuz. She says her dream is to play for the Celtics. Who knows, eh?

Lloyd: One more proof: a family highly skilled both in athleticism and artistry!:salute:
Thank you Hermann. Much appreciated.

Lloyd

Lloyd

Waikiki Beach.

1. D7000; 28-300mm; 93mm; 1/1600s @ f/10; ISO 1000

2. D7000; 28-300mm; 300mm; 1/2500s @ f/5.6; ISO 1000

Cheers, Matt

Man, I could sure use some beach weather right now. Torrential rain yesterday, then woke up to a foot of snow this morning. :eek::eek: Just spent 25 minutes unburying Mimi's car so she could get to a workout at the gym!

BTW, love the rim light in that second shot.:salute:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Awww. Thanks mate.

I think i went a little over the top with the random selections.lol......

Very happy that they are going down well.

I'm a little frustrated that the image quality is dropping when i upload though. The D3x images are looking quite low res.
I know the feeling. Can't explain why, probably some kind of compression in the forum engine software... they look terrific nevertheless.

Beside the Dubaï skyline, really like the Accord shot - not sure what level of processing is involved, but the result's absolutely top notch.

Superb portrait, totally different style... a classic.

Eventually, the one below might be my favorite.

(oh, nice bike, too, and good photo btw) :D

Welcome!

From the archives...

Rayyan, this time i'm positive i've seen this one in Nat Geo yearly awards.
Fantastic! :salute:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
My 15-year-old niece drops in two of her 15 points for the game.

D3s, 85/1.4G @ f1.4, 1/1000, ISO 1600:
Runs in the family, they say...
Excellent action shot! :thumbup:

Not for this specific photo, but isn't the 85mm a bit short for this kind of session on FF?

Waikiki Beach.

2. D7000; 28-300mm; 300mm; 1/2500s @ f/5.6; ISO 1000

Cheers, Matt

I was about to inquire what the guy had lost in the first photo here :D, but hey.

Love the one quoted just above, Matt. Both modern and bringing up memories, when we were young and unmindful, crispy sand under the feet, gentle sun on our shoulders.

(note: had a good laugh... "Not a very big ocean"...) :D

+1, +1, +1. The dangers endured for art and pleasure, eh? Grateful you braved it... and shared it. :salute:
+4. What a brave, dauntless man you are, Rayyan.
Hope you got your kiss (and i don't mean from the big guy) ;)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Man, I could sure use some beach weather right now. Torrential rain yesterday, then woke up to a foot of snow this morning. :eek::eek: Just spent 25 minutes unburying Mimi's car so she could get to a workout at the gym!
Looking at the bright side, well at least you saved the gym fee for yourself. :ROTFL:

Btw, what did Mimi say when you mentionned it'd be the perfect pre training session if she did the digging herself? :rolleyes: (sure you did) :D

Lloyd

Looking at the bright side, well at least you saved the gym fee for yourself. :ROTFL:

Btw, what did Mimi say when you mentionned it'd be the perfect pre training session if she did the digging herself? :rolleyes: (sure you did) :D
The funny part, Corlan, is that I started while she was getting ready to leave, and within just a couple of minutes she appeared and started to help. I sent her back in the house to get ready. She was meeting a friend (a woman who's just getting started in triathlon, who she's helping with her swimming), and would have been late had she helped with the digging first. I usually have to run out quickly to beat her to the job!

Lloyd

Runs in the family, they say...
Excellent action shot! :thumbup:

Not for this specific photo, but isn't the 85mm a bit short for this kind of session on FF?
Thanks Corlan. As for the 85 on FF. I was under the basket, so it worked well.

I have a friend here who covers the Utah Jazz for AP. He uses Canon, and shoots with two cameras, one mounted with a 300/2.8 for shots when they are at the far end of the court, and the other mounted with an 85/1.2 for the near court. He's using the 1DsMKIV, so he has a cropped sensor, but he shoots from a little to one side of the basket, so he gets about the same perspective as I had in close and centered.

I thought it worked well for me. I tried with the 70-200, but found I preferred using the prime. Less to think about, and that new "G" lens focuses in a heartbeat, which was a big plus.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
The funny part, Corlan, is that I started while she was getting ready to leave, and within just a couple of minutes she appeared and started to help. I sent her back in the house to get ready. She was meeting a friend (a woman who's just getting started in triathlon, who she's helping with her swimming), and would have been late had she helped with the digging first. I usually have to run out quickly to beat her to the job!
Yeah, she's like that -was just kidding. Though you do put a lot of heart in saving your own gym fee ;)

Lloyd

Yeah, she's like that -was just kidding. Though you do put a lot of heart in saving your own gym fee ;)
Well, I wish I was saving it. We pay monthly, and have been members at our gym for years. Same cost whether I go or not. Truth is, I typically go with her on Tuesday mornings. I'm having a little diagnostic procedure at the hospital this morning... she's returning home to take me... so a workout this morning was contraindicated.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
[...]I'm having a little diagnostic procedure at the hospital this morning... [...] ... so a workout this morning was contraindicated.
So.. you decided to shovel half a ton of snow for the sake of it :loco: :deadhorse:
:ROTFL:

Thanks Corlan. As for the 85 on FF. I was under the basket, so it worked well.

I have a friend here who covers the Utah Jazz for AP. He uses Canon, and shoots with two cameras, one mounted with a 300/2.8 for shots when they are at the far end of the court, and the other mounted with an 85/1.2 for the near court. He's using the 1DsMKIV, so he has a cropped sensor, but he shoots from a little to one side of the basket, so he gets about the same perspective as I had in close and centered.

I thought it worked well for me. I tried with the 70-200, but found I preferred using the prime. Less to think about, and that new "G" lens focuses in a heartbeat, which was a big plus.
Exactly why i use primes. With a slow brain like mine (i still regularly forget to check/change the ISO setting for one thing... which after all is a typical digital thing -and not that frequent since shooting mostly ISO100), you're better off with as less parameters as possible :eek:

Still have to try out the 85mm. Looks a real treat.

rayyan

So Very Nice Rayyan!
Steve, thanks friend.

Rayyan: Thank you for telling the most amusing narrative :D and thanks a lot for the photographic proof as well! :thumbs: :salute:
Hermann, you hang loose pal.

Rayyan,
You live a dangerous life filled with pleasure. Great story, lovely photo :thumbs:
Jorgen, yes it is the ' pits '. Thank you so much.

+1, +1, +1. The dangers endured for art and pleasure, eh? Grateful you braved it... and shared it. :salute:
Lloyd, art? Hey Lloyd, Boston cold must be getting to you pal!

Rayyan, this time i'm positive i've seen this one in Nat Geo yearly awards.
Fantastic! :salute:

+4. What a brave, dauntless man you are, Rayyan.
Hope you got your kiss (and i don't mean from the big guy) ;)
Corlan, yes. I had to look up to her though!!

Such a lovely team we have here at OPF. You guys are something else.
Lovely sharing photos with you folks. Thank you.:salute::salute:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Rayyan, I know you are waiting in anticipation for the next car photo. As a temporary bonus, here's one from November last year. I don't know if she has a driver's license, but who cares anyway :D

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8

rayyan

Jorgen Udvang;296590 said:
Rayyan, I know you are waiting in anticipation for the next car photo. As a temporary bonus, here's one from November last year. I don't know if she has a driver's license, but who cares anyway :D
Jorgen, nice, very very nice.:thumbs: Drivers license, who cares. Drives or not
I care.. a lot. I like to be driven! More hp the better.;)

Lovely Capture.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan, yes. I had to look up to her though!!

Such a lovely team we have here at OPF. You guys are something else.
Lovely sharing photos with you folks. Thank you.:salute::salute:
Rayyan you got kissed (and driven?) too much, makes you lose your head.
GetDPI here :D

Nice one Jorgen. Cool breeze effect in the (h)air.

Lloyd

This morning. (With my thoughtful neighbor clearing our sidewalk with his snowblower)

D3s, 14-24/2.8 @ 15mm, f8, ISO 200, 1/125:

petetsai

Nice photo Lloyd, there really is something magical about the 14-24mm. I just got mine and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.