The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Lloyd, there's no Quit in your Winter! Pretty Shot!
Thanks Steve. The good news is, it's melting quickly, and we're expecting a high of nearly 60 on Thursday. I'm elated. I really am getting pretty tired of winter.

m_driscoll

Rayyan: The Hilton Rainbow Towers" are still there as part of the "Hilton Village". In that any experience is a good thing (existentialist-wise), I had a good time. :LOL:
Rayyan: Great photo and narrative. Can't wait for your other story. :thumbup:
Hermann: You're welcome. We haven't had a non-german car in 20 yrs., including Audis.
Steve: Thank you! :D
Hermann: Thanks! :D
Lloyd: I think there's only about 10 deg. difference in highs and lows in Hawaii. Probably about 80 deg. difference in SLC?
Corlan: Thank you, sir! :D Of course, you're more likely to see someone you know from Seattle in Hawaii, or Mexico, then you are in Cleveland (for example).
Jorgen: Stunning! Thank you! :thumbup:
Lloyd: On the bright side, you get a lot of practice getting the WB right in snowy landscapes. Nice photo and neighbor! :thumbup:
Rayyan: +1 to what Corlan said about your "soul of Bali shot"
Corlan: Nicely shot. The B&W snowscape in tremendous! :thumbup:
Rayyan: The color and detail in the photo with the scale is incredible. Nice photo. :thumbup: Really like the next photo, also. What is she doing?
Hermann: Nicely framed and framed! :thumbup:
Lloyd: That's basketball with a passion. I'm assuming no millionaires? Great expressions and body movement. The last one, I think, is my favorite. (insert salute, here)
Steve: Striking photos. The strong silhouetted tree and framing somehow reminds me of W. Eugene Smith's "A Walk to Paradise Garden", 66 years later. (insert thumbsup, here)

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Amen to that, my friend. (And to your beautiful photograph. I love the processing.)
+1 from me. That is a visual feast. :salute:
Yet another remarkable shot, Rayyan.
Lloyd, I am truly grateful for your encouragement sir.:salute:

Rayyan: Amen to that. And that's IMHO what is photography about. :thumbs:
Rayyan: One more time beautiful colors, a convincing composition and a great balance between the lights and the darks in that last one. :thumbs:
Hermann, my thanks for the kind comments pal.:salute:

Wonderful again Rayyan. No glamour this time,quite the opposite, but the image's still glowing. What's the blue bag for?
Corlan, Thank you. Blue bag has more smaller blue plastic bags!!:salute:

Rayyan, More Fab Images & Processing!!!
Steve, thank you friend for the generous comments.:salute:

rayyan

Maybe sort of "déformation professionnelle", but then again the photographic view sometimes follows not only an emotional impetus. :)

"Urban Stages"

D 700, 35/2 D @ f/2.2

Thank you for your interest and best regards.
Hermann, a very interesting image on many levels. Complicated, many layers.
Lovely angle for composition. The intricate binary ( ? ) wall design invites further study. The minimilistic decor inside, uncrowded all add to already rich
capture.

Very well done.:thumbs:

rayyan

More from my niece's basketball game:

All with the D3s, 85/1.4G combo, all at 1/1250, f1/4, ISO 1600:

"The Mugging"

"Losing the Handle"

The team's other star (she scored 16 points).
Lloyd, I feel I am sitting on the benches. Beautiful action photography. The
excitiment of the game, the ' giving it all ' of the girls for their team has been sharply and decisively captured here.

Something your niece and the teams should rightfully hang on their walls.

Excellent.:salute:

rayyan

In The Garden...

D700, Leica R80 Lux
Steve, I continue to be envious of your talent. This set is no exception. It is difficult for me to add to what others have already said.

They are truly beautiful in comp, execution and the subject matter. The processing is glorious.

The third ( last ) one is exceptional!!

Bravo my friend.:salute:

rayyan

Rayyan: The Hilton Rainbow Towers" are still there as part of the "Hilton Village". In that any experience is a good thing (existentialist-wise), I had a good time. :LOL:

Rayyan: Great photo and narrative. Can't wait for your other story. :thumbup:

Rayyan: +1 to what Corlan said about your "soul of Bali shot"

Rayyan: The color and detail in the photo with the scale is incredible. Nice photo. :thumbup: Really like the next photo, also. What is she doing?

Cheers, Matt.

Matt, thank you.These are mostly captures in various Temples, where the Balinese go to pay homage and offerings. And pray.

Regards.:salute:

shtarka1

+1 :thumbs:
Steve: Striking photos. The strong silhouetted tree and framing somehow reminds me of W. Eugene Smith's "A Walk to Paradise Garden", 66 years later. (insert thumbsup, here)

Cheers, Matt.

Steve, I continue to be envious of your talent. This set is no exception. It is difficult for me to add to what others have already said.

They are truly beautiful in comp, execution and the subject matter. The processing is glorious.

The third ( last ) one is exceptional!!

Bravo my friend.:salute:
Matt,Jorgen & Rayyan...Sincerely Appreciated My Friends!

shtarka1

Maybe sort of "déformation professionnelle", but then again the photographic view sometimes follows not only an emotional impetus. :)

"Urban Stages"

D 700, 35/2 D @ f/2.2

Thank you for your interest and best regards.
Framing,Color,Comp & Stealth Make This Exceptional For Me Hermann!!!!

Interesting image, almost looks like a composite. The wall of the building reminds me of some sort of code. Very interesting pattern.
Hermann: Nicely framed and framed! :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

Hermann, a very interesting image on many levels. Complicated, many layers.
Lovely angle for composition. The intricate binary ( ? ) wall design invites further study. The minimilistic decor inside, uncrowded all add to already rich
capture.

Very well done.:thumbs:
Framing,Color,Comp & Stealth Make This Exceptional For Me Hermann!!!!
Lloyd, Matt, Rayyan & Steve: Thanks a lot for your kind comments and encouragement, much appreciated!:salute:

rayyan

We have been in the Temples. Let's venture to the North of Bali. Where?

To the UNESCO sponsored Rice Terraces of Bali.

360 Hectares of them. 1 hectare = 10,000 sq. mts.

Huge, Amazing, Beautiful; where most balinese work...

We shall walk through them, look at them from above, and from within them.

Lloyd

Lush, verdant, wonderful. This one in particular strikes me. Thank you for sharing, my friend.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
In The Garden...

D700, Leica R80 Lux
Spectacular series again, Steve.
Love the painterly, post-impressionist look of the first one, and of course the poignant sensation conveyed by the last.

On a technical note, if i may, these have a somehow softer, dreamier feel than your usual crispier, even more contrasty rendering. FWIW, i'm personally partial to the latter, which in my eyes participate in creating the impact in your images and carry the unmistikable artistic signature of your body of work. As i said, just a thought -great photos anyway :)

A luxuriant tesstimony, Rayyan.
I have a hard the figuring out how easy (or not) it is to travel around in Bali. You sure did what it took though to give us a comprehensive tour... thanks!

rayyan

A luxuriant tesstimony, Rayyan.
I have a hard the figuring out how easy (or not) it is to travel around in Bali. You sure did what it took though to give us a comprehensive tour... thanks!
Corlan, thanks. It is not difficult to move around. Motorized two wheels or 4 wheels should easily do the trick. Cars+drivers are readily available for hire.

Regards.

rayyan

The Batur Volcano. The most active volcano on the island. Not the highest, but
very active. The plains are very fertile.

Last eruption in the 90s spewed ash all ove the coast line way down south.
The volcanic ash can be seen as black in the photo.

It was miserable day for photography and I just did not feel like going much further.

Sorry for the lousy IQ.

I think that about covers it for now..except one story...me and the model!!

Status
Not open for further replies.