The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

shtarka1

One more from the series about the elderly in our society:

"Just Passing By"

D 700, 24 - 70 mm/2.8 G @ 32 mm & f/2.8

Really hate the saw teeth due to resizing, but don't know how to get rid of it.:confused:

Hope you like it and thanks for your interest!
Love the 3 postures along with the contrast,lines & composition! Superb Hermann!!!:thumbs:

Photojazz

digging in last Fall's Smoky's collection, a re-process... Please do give honest feedback, I like to know I am moving in right direction with my processing. thx.

It's always a favorite day of the year, as I head toward Cades Cove through this stand of I think "gum" trees. (not sure about that) These are typically the last trees to loose their leaves in the park, and often with an insurgent wind storm, they go in a hurry. But if you catch the glistening sun coming through their cover, it is a sight to behold. I brightened the forest floor a little bit, to give added depth, showing a almost path into the trees. Contrast, saturation, definition, structure, all increased to a crescendo, then brought back down with brightness to avoid being overly processed and blown appearing.

D3X/50 iso/f8 16-35VRII I think...

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Very nice shot! I like the vertical movement upwards from shade to sunlight.

And since you asked, I'll say that there's something a little funny about the light at the bottom of the frame. The sense of "natural" has leaked out a bit. At least that's what I see. Just my 2 cents.

:thumbup:

Lloyd

This one is really great Matt. Love the detail. One of the best of the series.:thumbup:

Another loonnnggg winter we had here... lot of smiles nevertheless, and even, laughs.
Beautiful portrait Corlan. Love those smiling eyes.

Here's a reprocess from last fall atop Clingman's Dome, Great Smoky Mountains National Park 116mm(70-200mm 2.8VRII) f7.1, 400 iso D3s
This really is terrific Doug. :clap::clap::clap:

That was a really interesting night, when the sun set, a full moon came up from almost the same area. I am not sure I have ever seen that before. I think it was harvest moon night. I was unfortunately not prepared to shoot the moon this night, because it was to have been a hike to top of dome and I don't leave 4K lenses in the truck while I am off hiking.
Hmm... that would be interesting for sure. Might be the only time the moon has ever risen in the West. :D

I haven't been over here in ages since I've been learning a new to me system! :D

From a job yesterday, so I thought I'd share!
Good work, if you can get it, Jason. :thumbup: Nice shot. Loved the ones of this event on the Leica thread as well. :salute:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you Jorgen, I am speechless. :)
Let me elaborate a bit on this one, since your sunset photo deals with more than beauty in nature: I am almost always looking for depth in photos, defining the different layers and actions while I compose. While I'm usually happy to find three layers, your sunset has at least four and with totally different lighting and contrast. I don't know the amount of pp involved to get this right, but to me, it looks expertly done, and the result reminds me of how my painting teacher told me to make paintings "come out of" the canvas (no, I don't paint anymore). Not bad at all :)

m_driscoll

Another loonnnggg winter we had here... lot of smiles nevertheless, and even, laughs.
Corlan: Great quality to this portrait. Nice smile; perfect moment; excellent grainy pp. :thumbup:

Matt, your bear BW is wonderful. Be careful.
Corlan, nice fun portrait.
Here's a reprocess from last fall atop Clingman's Dome, Great Smoky Mountains National Park 116mm(70-200mm 2.8VRII) f7.1, 400 iso D3s
Doug: Holy smokes! This is beautiful.

Matt: :thumbs: for the "Itchy nose"! :salute: ...
Steve/Hermann: Thanks! :D

Photojazz

Lloyd, I said they were closer than usual I thought, but hell, maybe not, maybe my brain was frozen, it was cold.

Thanks Matt.

TR, maybe I overdid the lighting. thanks for input. I may redo this later.

m_driscoll

Hermann: that's a nice shot with some quiet stuff going on. I like the couple's shirt selection. Nicely seen.
Tim
Hermann: +1! "Nicely seen" and captured. :thumbup:

I haven't been over here in ages since I've been learning a new to me system!
From a job yesterday, so I thought I'd share!
Jason: Teriffic photo Tough job. :salute:

digging in last Fall's Smoky's collection, a re-process... Please do give honest feedback, I like to know I am moving in right direction with my processing. thx.

It's always a favorite day of the year, as I head toward Cades Cove through this stand of I think "gum" trees. (not sure about that) These are typically the last trees to loose their leaves in the park, and often with an insurgent wind storm, they go in a hurry. But if you catch the glistening sun coming through their cover, it is a sight to behold. I brightened the forest floor a little bit, to give added depth, showing a almost path into the trees. Contrast, saturation, definition, structure, all increased to a crescendo, then brought back down with brightness to avoid being overly processed and blown appearing.

D3X/50 iso/f8 16-35VRII I think...

Doug: Beautiful colors! :thumbup:

This one is really great Matt. Love the detail. One of the best of the series.:thumbup:
Lloyd: Thank you, my friend. :D

Let me elaborate a bit on this one, since your sunset photo deals with more than beauty in nature: I am almost always looking for depth in photos, defining the different layers and actions while I compose. While I'm usually happy to find three layers, your sunset has at least four and with totally different lighting and contrast. I don't know the amount of pp involved to get this right, but to me, it looks expertly done, and the result reminds me of how my painting teacher told me to make paintings "come out of" the canvas (no, I don't paint anymore). Not bad at all :)
Doug: +1! Jorgen, very well put. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Hermann: that's a nice shot with some quiet stuff going on. I like the couple's shirt selection. Nicely seen.

Tim
yeah, this shot works well Hermann, it's like the statue is watching them, and your it's perspective. interesting.
Love the 3 postures along with the contrast,lines & composition! Superb Hermann!!!:thumbs:
Hermann: +1! "Nicely seen" and captured. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

Tim, Doug, Steve, Matt: Thanks a lot, gentlemen, for your kind words and comments, much appreciated! :salute:

CNovick

An interesting scene, outside my office building in Albany, NY - the street lamp at the corner with the sun right behind the center globe. Taken 2/17/2011 around 11 a.m., with a D3000.

Photojazz

Thank you all, you know I showed this image once at another forum and removed the shirt, I asked opinions, and everyone seemed to like the shirt as part of the image, so I left it alone. lol. I think it's one of the first D3X images that blew me away, well that and the 70-200VRII (a keeper)

Matt, your griz shots are just blowing me away. Awesome. Be careful. Might I suggest a 400 or 600VR instead of 200VR for these? 200VR is scary close.

nice lamp post shot. The glow of the top one, it seems interestingly different.

Lloyd

"Tooth brushing time."

D3; 200mm f/2; 1/250s @ f/5; ISO 1600

Cheers, Matt

And yet another nice bear shot Matt. Certainly not the typical activity we see shots of bears undertaking.

ok, I came across the truck I saw right after I got my D3X, 70-200VRII handheld out car window. reprocessed of course.
Very nice one Doug. I do think the shirt adds to the story.

An interesting scene, outside my office building in Albany, NY - the street lamp at the corner with the sun right behind the center globe. Taken 2/17/2011 around 11 a.m., with a D3000.
Well seen scene. Nicely captured too. Welcome to the forum!!:salute:

Photojazz

Thanks Lloyd!

I'm like a kid in a candy store with all these processing options now. ;)

I know this one is "pushed", but pushing the boundaries sometimes creates art. A storm was rolling around off the road to Cades Cove. This is a tight view overlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.