The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

That's cool :thumbup:
Matt: Love the "action" here, really nice one! :thumbs:
And yet another nice bear shot Matt. Certainly not the typical activity we see shots of bears undertaking.
Jorgen/Herman/Lloyd: Thanks you. gentlemen. :D

An interesting scene, outside my office building in Albany, NY - the street lamp at the corner with the sun right behind the center globe. Taken 2/17/2011 around 11 a.m., with a D3000.

CNovick: Very interesting light. Nice shot. :thumbup:

Thank you all, you know I showed this image once at another forum and removed the shirt, I asked opinions, and everyone seemed to like the shirt as part of the image, so I left it alone. lol. I think it's one of the first D3X images that blew me away, well that and the 70-200VRII (a keeper)

Matt, your griz shots are just blowing me away. Awesome. Be careful. Might I suggest a 400 or 600VR instead of 200VR for these? 200VR is scary close...
I'm like a kid in a candy store with all these processing options now. ;)

I know this one is "pushed", but pushing the boundaries sometimes creates art. A storm was rolling around off the road to Cades Cove. This is a tight view overlook.
Doug: Thanks. :D The front of the truck is an excellent image. Leave the shirt in. I agree on the second, keep "pushing" it. Cool colors. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Photojazz

Thanks Matt, that's the hardpan gravel/ditched road past Tremont in GSMNP. I don't know why they don't pave this road, it gets horribly dusty in summer.

finally, one I moved up last night is available... 14mm (14-24mm 2.8 on D3

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
So I posted this on Flickr earlier this year, it was popular and got picked up by explore. Shot with my D700 of course!

This month it was published double-truck in a UK photo publication, Digital Photo.
Nice shot and congrats!

I would like to add that I'm madly in love with my D700. No other camera has given me as much confidence and pleasure. I tagged along with my wife this morning on the first day her company moved into their new office space and took a few pix of the chaos as people began the work of starting over. It's an old Hathaway Shirt manufacturing building that's been renovated. Beautiful brick and tons of 12-foot windows. The D700 made it so easy. I'm still getting used to the idea of using higher ISOs so only went to 1250. But the stuff looked natural and shooting was effortless. Just wanted to share. End of commercial.

Tim

shtarka1

ok, I came across the truck I saw right after I got my D3X, 70-200VRII handheld out car window. reprocessed of course.

An interesting scene, outside my office building in Albany, NY - the street lamp at the corner with the sun right behind the center globe. Taken 2/17/2011 around 11 a.m., with a D3000.

"That didn't taste right!"

D3; 300mm f/2.8 w/ TC-14E; 1/250s @ f/10; ISO 1400

Cheers, Matt

Gentlemen...All Outstanding!!!

Pete, i Congratulated you before, but it's worth another one! Congrats, Awesome!!!:)

CNovick: Nice capture with the play of light(s), welcome to the forum! :salute:

28mm 1.4, from 2008 from the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Doug: My favorite of your recent postings - love the lighting, the colors and the composition of that one! :thumbs:

"That didn't taste right!"

D3; 300mm f/2.8 w/ TC-14E; 1/250s @ f/10; ISO 1400

Cheers, Matt

Matt: I looove your bears, even when they are a little bit grouchy! :thumbs::thumbs:

Lloyd

Steve: Those are really superb - beyond desciption, incredibly full of atmosphere (all of them, but particularly love # 1, 2, 3 and 5)! :thumbs::thumbs:
Wow! :bugeyes: Steve, cuz, what a wonderful set! I can't pick out a fav... too many great shots. :salute:

Again one more from the series about the elderly in our society:

"Keeping in Shape - The Royal Practice Field"

D 700, 14 - 24 mm/2.8 G @ 14 mm & f/2.8

Thanks a lot for your interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.