The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Thanks guys. It really was a bit of a shock. I mowed the lawn just two days ago. Truth is, this isn't typical. We're usually finished with snow here in the valley by the first to the middle of March. The mountains still see snow into May. Want a real shocker. Alta Ski resort (20 minutes up the canyon from me) has 208 inches of snow still on the ground as of this morning!!!

The snow here at the house has started to melt. Should all be gone by this afternoon, tomorrow at the latest.

Here's one more from my yard. Flowering Plum.

D3s, 105/2.8 VR, @ IS0 800, F16:
Lloyd, spring or snow, you are smoking!:thumbs:

rayyan

A bit under the weather and hanging around with a med-head. I might regret this, but here goes.

This is a completely blown exposure made into a ?

And this is just a nice little wooden block and tackle I found and brought back to service.

Best,
Tim
Tim, they are both lovely. #1 is way lovely.:thumbs:

Nothing much happening this weekend, so here's one from the races a week ago. They say that 300mm is a bit long for portraits, but I'm not a good listener, so here you go:

D300 with Nikkor 300mm f/4.0 AF @ f/4.0

And one with the almost wide angle 200 :)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8

Jorgen, we are in the pits with you!:thumbs:

rayyan

Rayyan: The first photo could fit with some decors. The second one might be a bit of a "buzz-kill" in some settings. That's the problem with photography as interior design. I think you do need a new camera! One that would allow you to keep taking your brilliant "un-hangable" photos. :salute:

Strangely enough, my wife went with me today to pick up a new D700 (hard to find). The one that i used recently was a rental. I gave up waiting for a D800; so, now, I "owe" her. :D

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, congrats on the D700. Enjoy it for a long long time pal.
Thanks. But I think my spending days are fast ending..fastttt!

"Hi"

D3; 200mm f/2.8; 1/250 @ f/5.6; ISO 1250

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Now this furry thing, how close is this? If it attacks what do you do? Do you
have A stun gun or something?

If it ran towards me, I would freeze and maybe wet the gorund!

The Photo is super!:thumbs:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
I'm grateful, my friend. By the way, I didn't use the Nikon, but here's what things looked like 24 hours later.
"What a difference a day makes!"

:shocked: no question mark for sure!
Nice shots, too :)

A bit of journalistic photography. Last night around 12:30am.
Thanks for sharing, Vlad.
I'm getting more and more amazed at the number of people not actually involved in any event they attend if not through their electronic devices' screens. Recently heard an old PJ photographer saying that 50 or even 20 years ago there was a couple of people taking photos in a crowd, now it's the opposite. Interesting times...

That said, i'll keep the first one posted. Excellent.

There's a mysterious element to this shot that really works for me. I like very much.
Rayyan: big +1! :)

bensonga

I meant to provide some comments about all the fine images you folks have shared here before I posted another one of my own (because I know how much I appreciate your comments on my images)....but I'm just going to post one more, before I draw a firm line in the sand.

I took this one on the way home from work tonight. Swung by the Alaska RR Station and the light on this totem pole was just right. This photo was taken with the AF-S 16-85mm lens. I'm trying to take as many photos with this lens as possible this week....just to be sure it's a keeper. This one only reinforces my view that...yes, it is.

Gary

Nikon D2X and AF-S 16-85G at f5.6

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.