The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

shtarka1

Had the privilege of shooting the HS senior portraits of a special young lady this week. We've known her since she was a pre-teen, and always considered her cute, but quiet and shy. We couldn't have been more wrong! When we started the shoot she really came out of her shell... she lit up the place like a carbon-arc spotlight. We had a blast. Here are some results.

D3s, 70-200/2.8 VR II

Ok, a few more:

D3s, 70-200/2.8 VRII

D3s, 85/1.4G
Brilliantly Shot & Stunning Young Lady!!!:salute:

rayyan

Some say Uncle Ben is nice.
Who cares. So long as it is rice.
Cooked by one with a bit of spice.
Of course, the rice.

Lloyd

Of course, the rice.

I agree... rice is nice; on any day.

Great shot. The play of the light on the green really takes my eyes there. It almost has a sense of motion. Great clouds, amazing color.

viablex1

thanks LLoyd, man portable lighting in that place was ridiculous.

SHe was beautiful to say the least, got reallt lucky she was so professional that and my wife helped out which was great than god. But more flashes needed actually portable continuous lights or strobes would be nice , when she walked that dress flowed, I shot some film but have yet to get it back.

Matto

rayyan

I agree... rice is nice; on any day.

Great shot. The play of the light on the green really takes my eyes there. It almost has a sense of motion. Great clouds, amazing color.

Lloyd, thanks a lot. Rice is nice. Just watch the carbos!!:eek:

Regards.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Like the Processing. It enhances the wetness. Cool shot Matt!
+1. Not a usual fan of this kind of processing but it sure works pretty well here. :thumbup:

Had the privilege of shooting the HS senior portraits of a special young lady this week. We've known her since she was a pre-teen, and always considered her cute, but quiet and shy. We couldn't have been more wrong! When we started the shoot she really came out of her shell... she lit up the place like a carbon-arc spotlight. We had a blast. Here are some results.

D3s, 70-200/2.8 VR II
A blast? No wonder. :toocool:
Real nice set, LLoyd. All lovely, the one quoted standing out by a small margin for me.
Brilliant.

I really like the whole set, Matto. But these two are exceptional. I really like the processing in the top one. It creates the perfect feel for the image.
Great set.
My two favorites, too.

The dress for the more suggestive crop than earlier, and IMHO the boxing shot well above the others in a less artificial way (more 'million dollar baby naturalness", perharps).

I have never done much in the way of portraits but I was talked into do a portrait course and started it last week.
Really like the high key here Peter.
Would vote for a tad more sharper focus on the eyes.

Great silver processing in the first one.

Of course, the rice.
Lushy! :thumbup:

bensonga

Gary
If you have access to this month's Outdoor Photographer there is a wonderful article by a gal named Cheyenne Rouse about using HDR, not for compression, but for artistic effects. She shot an old pickup truck which resulted in a stunning HDR image. I thought of you and your love for this train and wondered what HDR effects might do for an artistic rendering.

Look at the magazine if you want and can

Best
Woody
Thanks for the suggestion and tip Woody......I just stopped by a couple of stores to look for the magazine, but haven't found one yet. Is that the May or June issue?

Gary

bensonga

D3s, 70-200/2.8 VR II
All excellent photos Lloyd! I have never been good at taking pictures of people (hence all my shots of trains etc), so I am always in awe of those photographers who can establish a rapport and get really good portraits (as these are). This one may be my favorite....though it's hard to choose.

My only disappointment with these is with her eye lash mascara (which is least obvious in this image). I prefer a very subtle, natural look re makeup (such as with Peter's portraits of "Alice"), but that's just a personal preference.

In any case, well done Lloyd and she is indeed, a very beautiful young woman.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.