The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
The All New Fun with Nikon Colours

Sometimes, I wish that... sometimes, I think too much :)
:lecture: "good things come to those who wait" ... err ...
in any case a beautiful picture, Jorgen :thumbup:

Oh, and I like the colours that I get from the D80 much better than those from the D300. Much better. I consider picking up a D200. Or should I consider a Kodak? Or another Fuji?

Jorgen, before you pick up yet another camera, I suggest you do some investigations on your D300.
Could it be that you simply have an error on your sample of the camera ?
Or perhaps an erratic setting ?
I recently bought a used D200 in order to compare the CCD sensor with my D300 CMOS sensor, just for fun and experimentation and out of curiousity.
Though the D200 is indeed a very nice camera, I ended up selling it off again and keeping the D300, and I didn't see any color differences in direct comparison shots from a tripod, identically developed in a batch.
Do you know anyone else with a D300 nearby so that you could compare your camera to another D300 just to see if there is something wrong with your camera ?
Or have you tried to make some controlled identical comparison shots between your D300 and D80 with identical settings and developed in the same batch ?

Also make sure the former owner didn't leave the camera with some tweaks in the colour settings in your most used White Balances:
SHOOTING MENU >> White balance >> e.g. Direct Sunlight >> Adjust ...

When you bought the D300, did you reset these two menus for a start ?
If you do it now, you will have to set all the settings after your taste all over again (maybe write down how they are set now before resetting)
SHOOTING MENU >> RESET SHOOTING MENU >> OK
CUSTOMS SETTINGS >> RESET CUSTOMS SETTINGS >> OK

Lloyd

Rayyan, Incredible! Love the processing as well!
Rayyan, you captured the motion, both atmospheric and of the souls.
Their penetrating look are full of life and yet it's like they alrady lived it.

Perfect composition, at the same time balanced and tensed.

Another winner in my book.

(or is it yours, my dear friend? :p)
++++ :thumbs:
Let me add my vote here... Incredible, perfect composition... and a true winner. Love it. :clap::clap::clap:

Lloyd

I've got some serious catching up to do, which I hope to get to soon. Great shots everyone!

In the meantime, here's one from the weekend:

We went to cheer on a friend in a local marathon early Saturday morning. While waiting for him to appear at about mile 9, right at the crest of a large hill, I noticed this young woman wearing an Ironman visor. As I raised my camera, she saw me, and this is the result.

(One post script: I looked her up in the results and then on Facebook, and found we knew people in common. I got a copy of this to her, and she was more than thrilled. It's already her Facebook profile picture. BTW, she has six kids!)

D3s, 70-200/2.8 VRII @ 200mm, f2.8, 1/1250, ISO 400

Arne Hvaring

I haven't posted on this great thread for a while (work and the like..) but I have managed to push the button a few times. Here are some from last winter that I never got around to post. All with D3x and Zeiss glass.

(Btw. and OT, does anyone know how to delete images from the gallery, I seem to have run out of space. Thanks)

shtarka1

Steen & Lloyd, Thanks Very Much!

Lloyd, Awesome Grab & IQ On The Marathon Lady! Im Sure She Appreciated That Great Shot!

Arne, Stunning Set!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Arne: Beautifully done winter scenes. I've put all that white behind me though and prefer to forget about that season! :)

Here's something I've seen elsewhere and been meaning to try. This is my first attempt at focusing TWO cameras on a moving subject.

Best,
Tim

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I haven't posted on this great thread for a while (work and the like..) but I have managed to push the button a few times. Here are some from last winter that I never got around to post. All with D3x and Zeiss glass.

(Btw. and OT, does anyone know how to delete images from the gallery, I seem to have run out of space. Thanks)
Nice winter shots, Arne, but from what I read in the newspapers, your photos are slightly dated ;)

To delete a photo, go to the photo in question, click "Image Tools" and on the new page, there's a "Delete" button. Or you can become a subscriber member.

Status
Not open for further replies.