The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
If you want to master the panning technique like Jorgen, i thought, one has to start small. :lecture:

"Batman"

:deadhorse: :D

Well... ummm... I think you are supposed to use shutter priority, and in this case I would recommend something like... 10-15 seconds? You have an ND filter, no? A really, really dense one? And really, really, really steady hands? Cannot use a pod when things are moving very fast like here, you know :ROTFL:

I did not know that Batman used Flower Power though :)

CNovick

This week's excursion into the mountains - rather than killing myself climbing them (it turns out to be about the same thing), I'm looking for waterfalls.

I set up "base camp" at Moffitt Beach Campground - just west of Speculator, NY. This is sunrise on the lake.

CNovick

I call this "Rural Tagging". Found on Rt. 30 about 5 miles North of Speculator, NY. Glad to see that the locals have a sense of humor!!

Last edited:

CNovick

This series is of Auger Falls - just North of Wells, NY.
With the rock and tree formations along the trail, it gave me a feeling like I was hiking in Jurassic Park.

CNovick

Auger Falls is on the Sacandaga River north of Wella, NY. It flows from the Sacandaga river into a gorge.
I grew up not too far from Niagara Falls, so waterfalls really don't impress me that much - they're nice to look at but -- AUGER FALLS IMPRESSED ME!!!!

This is the Upper tier of the falls. It drops about 20-25 ft. with a massive amount of water flow.

Last edited:

CNovick

The Lower Falls drops about 80 feet into the gorge (there's no way to fully see the falls from in the gorge nor see the bottom of the gorge from the top), and besides that, one slip and it's bye-bye Birdie!

Last edited:

shtarka1

I call this "Rural Tagging". Found on Rt. 30 about 5 miles North of Speculator, NY. Glad to see that the locals have a sense of humor!!

Now Thats A "Pet Rock"! Nice!
This series is of Auger Falls - just North of Wells, NY.
With the rock and tree formations along the trail, it gave me a feeling like I was hiking in Jurassic Park.

Like The "Death Grip" The Tree Has On The Boulder! Nicely Shot C.N.!

CNovick

Continuing on with my trip, Griffin Falls - about 3 miles upstream from Auger Falls.

This is a small bridge over the Sacandaga River to the trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.