The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Big plus 1 from me, Corlan.
+1 on Steve's comment. Great shot. And just in time for Le Tour, non?
Thanks, Lloyd.
Yup, just in time. Would be fun to see such decorated gear on the Tourmalet :)

Well... ummm... I think you are supposed to use shutter priority, and in this case I would recommend something like... 10-15 seconds? You have an ND filter, no? A really, really dense one? And really, really, really steady hands? Cannot use a pod when things are moving very fast like here, you know :ROTFL:

I did not know that Batman used Flower Power though :)
:D

Talking about which i had a quick look at your racing gallery. Impressive pannings definitely and... cute girls ;)

Get lost, they said. So we did.

Serene light, gorgeous colors and peaceful atmosphere.
Way to "get lost", indeed. :thumbup:

from Mclouth Steel

_DSC4137 by gungyduo, on Flickr
Amazing rendering.
Through the photo you feel you could grab the "coin" and you already know its weight. And the same for that dust where you want to leave a trave with your finger. Write your initials maybe, like when we were young...

Bravo Matto.

Continuing on with my trip, Griffin Falls - about 3 miles upstream from Auger Falls.

This is a small bridge over the Sacandaga River to the trail.

Conrad i like the way you take us along on your hikes. It's simple yet refreshing. And somehow invigorating for those of us staying at work.
My favorites here are "Pet Rock" (© SM) and the last two ( edit: well there's two more in the meantime, let's call them posts #2737 & 2738 then :) ) . Beautiful light on that bridge, and great detail in the stream and trees. :thumbup:

dmeckert

No, No..Gauloises or Gitanes only please..

Drink? No, thank you.

i love this. composition to post. *thumbs up*

this sort of photography is on my to do list...i just feel wildly inappropriate doing it with large cameras...and i'm totally disenchanted with my city.

Lloyd

This series is of Auger Falls - just North of Wells, NY.
With the rock and tree formations along the trail, it gave me a feeling like I was hiking in Jurassic Park.

Along the train, I shot this 3-shot pano of a forest Pond (a.k.a. Misquito heaven).

Looks like a fun adventure, except for the "Mosquito Heaven" part. Nice work... these two in particular.

dmeckert

first time posting an image here. this is from a test shoot last week. not sure if i want to retain the original color, or give it a more current treatment (flat toned b&w, modified technicolor, soft vintage yellowed).

Lloyd

Nice first Nikon thread post, David. I think this would look good either B/W or a vintage treatment. Give it a film noir look perhaps.

dmeckert

i've been fiddling with both in photoshop for a few days. every time i think i've made a decision, i change my mind again. haha.

i haven't nailed down the look for either model.

rayyan

first time posting an image here. this is from a test shoot last week. not sure if i want to retain the original color, or give it a more current treatment (flat toned b&w, modified technicolor, soft vintage yellowed).
Like Lloyd said, nice first post david. I was looking around for Sadra Dee!!

Best.

Also new to the forum and first post - some great photos and photographers here.

Santa Cruz coastline at sunset - D700 & 300mm f4 at f8 - pp in LR and Nik CEP Kodachrome filter - how I miss my Kodachrome! :)

Cheers,

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan, thank you. Not too far from where you are.

Regards.
No, No..Gauloises or Gitanes only please..

Drink? No, thank you.
"Not too far"... Last one's in Strasbourg, i think. Famous establishment.
Nice moment, composition and processing here. Best shot i've seen of the place! :toocool:

David, great model and well thought out setup. Like the shot a lot.
This is really super.

If you don't mind me chiming in on your hesitation, my take is that most of your doubts re treatment could indeed be less related to actual global processing than to a slight issue re the magenta cast in the forearm & hand. No technical issues there, neither lighting or camera related, just good ol' blood in the veins. The bit of cast associated with the foregroung position and light orientation creates a "double contrast" resulting in a slight off-balance feel in both the color and B&W versions. No real way to deal with it than make-up... before or after the fact :)

I strongly prefer the color, more consistent with your choice of model and shoot. Technicolor style.
Again, great shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.