The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcrane

Hermann: Thanks. :D I've been working on my pp a bit. Lot's to learn.

John: Thanks! I appreciate the comments.:D Also, welcome back.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Terrific image, John. Happy 4th to you too. :salute:
Love it! Happy 4th To You Also JB!
Beautiful image sir.

A happy 4th to you too. And to all Americans.
Stay safe with them firecrackers. Specially the kids.

Regards.
John, wonderfully composed, love the movement, the angle, the characters and shadows, the colors, the beam... everything, really. Spectacular photo!

And Happy 4th to all! :)
John: Beautiful image. Bold and dynamic. Very American. :salute:

Happy 4th everybody!

Cheers, Matt

Gentlemen,
I finally learned how to do the multiple quote thing... look out everyone ;-).
Thanks for the kind remarks. Here's hoping everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday weekend, rich with images.Been traveling a lot and it's good to be back. Lots of images in coffer waiting to be let out. Let the second half of the year begin!

Here's wishing everyone here in the U.S. a very happy 4th of July weekend.
This is such a great photo especially given the occasion. The combination of the solid, massive monument with the ephemeral, dynamic images of the flags makes this a great composition imo.

Cheers,

Lloyd

Got A New Toy! I splurged and purchased one of those $275 650-2600mm lenses. Although this was a "party" weekend (no treks into the mountains), I was able to take some time to learn the lens. This is of the Athens lighthouse taken on the Hudson River in Athens, NY. (approx. 1/4 to 1/2 mile distance).
Looks like a fun new toy. Looking forward to more results! :thumbup:

CNovick

Took a shot of tonight's moon at about 2000mm. Some hints to anyone who is thinking of getting a lens of this type;
1. A spotter scope would be nice to have mounted on the telephoto.
2. You definitely need a good tripod, I thought I did -- naahh. My next attempt at the moon will be with 2 tripods - my "good" one for the lens, and another for the camera.
3. A slight wind will move the camera!!!
4. Your focusing must be just about exact.

Conrad

Lloyd

Very interesting, Conrad. Looking forward to seeing how the 2 tripods works. I think there are some real possibilities here.

m_driscoll

A busy (and fun!) holiday weekend. Hope you're all doing well!

Best,
Tim
Tim: Like Lloyd, I like them all. #1. Beautiful greens and grays; almost fur-like texture of the field. #2. Color and subject isolation/focus. #3. just very cool; layered. #4. combination of reflections and just enough of the smiling girls and their binkies. Color and composition's great in all four. :thumbup:

There's no "darkside" in Maine...is there? ;)

Cheers, Matt

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Tim: Like Lloyd, I like them all. #1. Beautiful greens and grays; almost fur-like texture of the field. #2. Color and subject isolation/focus. #3. just very cool; layered. #4. combination of reflections and just enough of the smiling girls and their binkies. Color and composition's great in all four. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt
Hey thanks Matt, for your kind words. As for a "dark side", I suppose there is one but I think I might be too lazy to look for it. Thanks again!

Tim

shtarka1

Cheers, Matt

Im on board with these guy's Tim! Excellent Set!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Nice one Steve. She doesn't seem all that impressed. I confess that I'm especially fond of conversions (like this one) that forgo the "grain" so often used. And, solid velvety blacks. Nice!

Tim

jbcrane

This is such a great photo especially given the occasion. The combination of the solid, massive monument with the ephemeral, dynamic images of the flags makes this a great composition imo.

Cheers,
Thank you Joe. I'd been wandering around D.C. that night for hours with my tripod and was about to pack it in when I was resting at the Washington Monument and looked up and thought, "hey, that would be a nice shot to finish on." D.C. is an exceptional place to shoot after dark. So much light, structure, color, action... there were many photogs out wandering just as I was and I had the opportunity to talk to many of them. Great fun and highly recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.