The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmeckert

corlan...those shots are awesome! they look so dimensional and lifelike. they really pop without looking fake.

and i may have to look into that 105. i just sold my zeiss 100 (i refuse to manually focus on a dslr), but it gave that same sort of dimensionality. maybe its the lenses, maybe its just a focal length i like...who knows.

and viablex...that's a fantastic portrait, and the neopan looks beautiful as well. the attitude is great, very authentic. i just shot some delta (3200 @ iso1000) in natural light, i'm hoping it comes out looking as good.

dmeckert

Daves: Out of my league! Great lighting, color, compositions and pp. The third is my favorite.
thanks matt :D i thought i'd replied...but i think i might've gestured "back" on my mighty mouse and it lost the post...and then i didn't repost. heh. the third seems to be the consensus favorite. can't say i disagree. cheers.

David: interesting test with the globe. Always wandered how that would work myself, but was refrained by the size and cost of the equipment. Your georgeous portrait makes me want to investigate the DIY way...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/violadeity/DSC_2098e.jpg
The series with the fitness model is brilliant, be it the editorial quality first two, the "Seal"/Africa one, the Cassius Clay (was he Ali at the time?) shot... Overall, i think my favorite is the one wth the hood, where ligthing, expression and composition simply sing together. But again, they're all brilliant.
thanks corlan :D totally just saw this post, or i'd have chimed in earlier.

the globe really grew on me once i saw the shots on the computer, and even more as i retouched that portrait (it's REALLY forgiving on skin...his skin was good to begin with, but some modifiers make the best skin look like beigh asphalt. haha). with modelst dodge and burn, it really takes on a painterly quality of light.

it's totally worth the $30 or so to pick up a globe and a speed ring mount.

and that shot seems to have struck a chord...it's my pick of the litter as well. :)

jbcrane

Happy Saturday to all. Before we head out for the weekend, here's one from opening day of pheasant season a few years back. Nikon F4s, 35-70/2.8, Velvia. The day nearly a wrap we were scanning corn rows sitting 3 across in my brother-in-law's F250, heading dead into the setting sun. I looked at the light and saw him blocking the sun from his eyes and leaned _way_ out the passenger window at 60mph to get this.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
JBC

shtarka1

Happy Saturday to all. Before we head out for the weekend, here's one from opening day of pheasant season a few years back. Nikon F4s, 35-70/2.8, Velvia. The day nearly a wrap we were scanning corn rows sitting 3 across in my brother-in-law's F250, heading dead into the setting sun. I looked at the light and saw him blocking the sun from his eyes and leaned _way_ out the passenger window at 60mph to get this.

JBC
You Can Feel The Blinding Warmth Of The Sun & Get A Sense Of The Journey You've Taken! Velvia Shines On This Composition! Excellent Shot JB!

Rayyan: Unmistakable to identify your signature when enjoying this one, thx for sharing! :salute:

JBC
John: Now, evidentially a picture can tell at least as much as a movie - great lighting, framing/composition and colors => great story! Truly love it - plus it gives me a thrill of anticipation regarding my forthcoming visit to CO and a few other states of the US. :):)

Hermann, how you been?

Thanks a lot for the encouragement.:salute:

Take care.
Rayyan: :) Been enjoying and admiring your pictures on the Leica thread, and Steve's and Matt's and and and ... :D And of course been a steady lurker here as well, although at present kept busy one way and another. :salute:

rayyan

Rayyan: :) Been enjoying and admiring your pictures on the Leica thread, and Steve's and Matt's and and and ... :D And of course been a steady lurker here as well, although at present kept busy one way and another. :salute:
Thank you Hermann.:thumbs:

Kindest regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.