The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

As usual, I'm a few steps behind the latest and greatest technology. I picked up a D700 today that is like new (~900 actuations) to use with my AIS Nikkor lenses. I've been so happy with the D2X, I figured a Nikon FF DSLR was the logical next step. I suppose the AIS lenses won't measure up to the 36mp D800, but for me, 12mp will usually be enough. A gloomy day here, but here's one of the first shots.....with a 55mm Micro-Nikkor.

Gotta say.....I sure like the sound of those Nikon shutters. :eek:

Gary

Another one of my usual "test subjects".......

The D700 images are looking very good and I'm really happy with how easy it is to get accurate focus with the AIS lenses. The focus confirmation seems to be spot on.

D700 and AIS 55mm f2.8 micro-Nikkor
Ben, these are lovely captures. The D700 is as good a cam as any and better than most if one compares like to like.

My only issue with it is the bulk and weight..only when compared to the others on the market currently.

Print size: do the maths. > 12" is easy.
AF..second to none. Manual as good as any with the focus confirmation too!
Lenses: I mostly use manual Zeiss. The cam has never let me down.
Protection: a prosumer body, better than most.
Low light: Talk is cheap here. The best low light performance..period.
Useage: What can't it do? Except video, which I do not need.

Congratulations on getting this cam. It still remains one of the best Nikon or
any other cam manufacturer ever produced.

The 55/2.8 macro is one superb piece of glass!!

A D700 + a ZF 50 0r 35 and a 100mm, I really do not need anything else.
Except someone to lug it all day. But for a few hours at a time..no contest.

All of us have opinions ( on everything!! ). Use the camera. Push it to its limits. Go to a dimly lit bar
go to a sporting event, go on safari, take it in the rain and dust, snow, mountains, sea and desert.
Throw it in the back of a 4x4 over rocks for hours. Use it in the studio. Portraits, macro. I have done it all
and the only issue I had with it was the CF reader went bad after years of rough use. 1 week to repair.
Cost less than a 100$.

Regards.

rayyan

This morning at Cherry Creek State Park, a blink from my home.
Nikon D800 and Nikon 16-35mm VR
(Tripod without shutter release wireless/cable or MUP)
Cheers,
Pramote
A belated congrats on the new cam. Lovely capture Promote!!:thumbs:
Enjoy it and please share some pics with us.

Regards.

shtarka1

Another one of my usual "test subjects".......

The D700 images are looking very good and I'm really happy with how easy it is to get accurate focus with the AIS lenses. The focus confirmation seems to be spot on.

D700 and AIS 55mm f2.8 micro-Nikkor
Nice Color & IQ!

(...) The D700 is as good a cam as any and better than most if one compares like to like.

My only issue with it is the bulk and weight..only when compared to the others on the market currently.
(...)
Home is where the heart is.

This is my home.
Rayyan: Assume you're right here - on both counts. :)

And a nice picture as well (and all that is what really counts here finally, isn't it?). :thumbup::salute:

Lloyd

Gary: That shot of the shop just pops. Really nice.

Pramote: Another excellent shot with the D800. Have you seen this article about the test comparisons between the D800 and the D4 vs the Phase One IQ180. Pretty astonishing. Here's the link.

Uwe: Nice work with the V1. I have to say I'm tempted on a number of levels to go for that one.

Rayyan: Beautifully presented beautiful home, my friend.

Mikael: Eerily beautiful image of the tree.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Gary: That shot of the shop just pops. Really nice.

Pramote: Another excellent shot with the D800. Have you seen this article about the test comparisons between the D800 and the D4 vs the Phase One IQ180. Pretty astonishing. Here's the link.

Uwe: Nice work with the V1. I have to say I'm tempted on a number of levels to go for that one.

Rayyan: Beautifully presented beautiful home, my friend.

Mikael: Eerily beautiful image of the tree.

Thanks so much Lloyd for your complement and the link!
The D800's performance is very impressive. DR is just amazing. No wonder it is the king of DSLR especially for landscape photography. I think the review is not far from reality.
Pramote

Status
Not open for further replies.