The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

viablex1

Thank you Hermann. The elbow is still recovering; I have two torn ligaments, which have improved, but still have a way to go. Unfortunately, it appears that I will have a permanent loss of range of movement in both flexed and extended positions. I don't notice it much anymore, and there's nothing I can do about it anyway. The knee is doing well. Very little discomfort now, one week after surgery. The doctor thinks I'll be back to full activity within three to four more weeks. Thanks again for your interest and concern. And I'm glad I can be of some inspiration... even as a bad example. ;)
wow LLoyd I hope you get better, didn't know you were going through this. get well, I am sure you are putting them to shame in PT :)

That place is an in tact kirkbride in weston, Wva I took the photo tour very cool!!!

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Awesome images by everyone. :thumbs:

It makes me yearn for my D800 which is probably still somewhere on the assembly line awaiting completion. 9 weeks and counting. :(

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
17 May is the Norwegian National Day, and it was celebrated in Bangkok as well. We even had Norwegian weather: Rain all day :)

D2Xs with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8

D2Xs with 80-200 AF-S @ 175mm and f/2.8

D2Xs with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/2.8

This was the first time I used the D2Xs for anything other than motor racing, and I like it a lot. Colours etc. exactly to my taste. I predict a lasting love affair.

Lloyd

Very nice set, Jorgen. And the color is excellent. Loved my D2x for that reason as well. And Happy Norwegian National Day.

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member

Hi Manouch

It will be very interesting to see your mega-stich images with a D800. You are going to need a cray supercomputer to process them though. :D

ustein

Contributing Editor

>You are going to need a cray supercomputer to process them though

Or a lot of patience. On the other hand stitching was done with Canon 5D2 and the D800 maybe a factor of 3x of processing resources (memory + CPU). But also all stitching flaws will be very easily visible.

manouch shirzad

Workshop & Subscriber Member

Bryan,
I am so Stitcholic that I have to find a solution for it, may be D800 be part of that solution
and I can reduce my daily dose of stitching.

Uwe,
Very nice picture, where is the location?
I already have a powerful computer and and after seven years of stitching I don't expect to have
any problem with d800, I also have practiced with some M9 files.LOL
________
Manouch

Firescape & Graffiti

otumay

Thank you for the welcome guys! Those orchids accompanied our wedding ceremony last November, so Jorgen, I think we may call them 'The Wedding Blues';)

dmeckert

androgynous model Ben from the other day. sky blue backdrop...and i can't for the life of me tell if this is the window light in my bedroom, or a softlighter (i guess that's a good thing. haha). D700 w/ 85/1.4G wide open, ISO 400 (was using it as a test for Tri-X in the M6), film grain added in LR3.

rayyan

17 May is the Norwegian National Day, and it was celebrated in Bangkok as well. We even had Norwegian weather: Rain all day :)

D2Xs with 80-200 AF-S @ 175mm and f/2.8

This was the first time I used the D2Xs for anything other than motor racing, and I like it a lot. Colours etc. exactly to my taste. I predict a lasting love affair.
Lovely capture Jorgen.:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.