The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ustein

Contributing Editor
>that looks incredibly tasty

Not sure, either the Strawberry color is off or it is not fully ripe :).

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

For those unaware, Uwe and I have used strawberries as a reference base for reds for quite a while. Early generation photo printers and profiles had an especially difficult time with this. We knew reds were good when the strawberry looked good enough to eat, so it's kind of become an inside joke with us. We even included an image in our printer evaluation image: Printing Insights #49

Bildifokus

When I take photos of food I often overexposure 1/3 to make colors pop out more. This time it was direct sunlight and 1/3 over and that made the highlights punch that red color as I wanted. :)

Lloyd

Nice to see the thread getting more posts, except that now I'm far behind!

Daves: Wonderfully subtle light in that shot of Ben.
Matto: Those shots of the staircase, and the ceiling vaults are really impressive. Looks like a scary place to even walk, let alone shoot! LOVE the IR shots!! The "room" post is kewl. Looks like someone is living there now. I'd love that bleback wall as a backdrop for a portrait session.
Frankie: Impressive iceskating shots!
Mikael: Love the shots of the Jordbærkage. Looks as good as it tastes!
Tim: Wonderful, subtle still live. Impressive detail and light to dark transition in the large jpg version.
Uwe: Terrific color and detail. Is that Bryce of Cedar Breaks?
Jack: Thanks for the link to the Printer Evaluation page.
Joe: Love that lighthouse, and the detail of the fresnel lens is a winner!

dmeckert

For those unaware, Uwe and I have used strawberries as a reference base for reds for quite a while. Early generation photo printers and profiles had an especially difficult time with this. We knew reds were good when the strawberry looked good enough to eat, so it's kind of become an inside joke with us. We even included an image in our printer evaluation image: Printing Insights #49
When I take photos of food I often overexposure 1/3 to make colors pop out more. This time it was direct sunlight and 1/3 over and that made the highlights punch that red color as I wanted. :)
lol. you guys. :p

the strawberry is red on the inside...thus...it will taste awesome. i hate when they're white inside and taste like nothing. which makes me want to take a trip to the supermarket and see how the strawberries are doing this year, it's high time the good ones should be on the shelves. *drools* last summer's strawberries were decent...but the summer before (and 2-3 summers leading up as well)...i think i had red lips and fingers for 3 months straight they were so good.

rayyan

Permit me to tell you a story. This story holds a special personal interest for me.

A woman is lying in pain. She is in labor. The pain is unbearable. Will she see
sunlight again, she thinks.

She cries out in pain. She does not know the outcome.
If it is a male child, he might be king. If it is a male. If it is alive.

It has been a difficult pregnancy. Will she live? Will the child survive?
The doctors in the city had given up hope. She has traveled here. Hoping against hope. Will she live to see her child?

The doctor in attendance, tells her that the childbirth shall be difficult. Secretly the doctor is afraid for both the mother and the child.
Will my child live, doctor?. An anxious mother asks of her last hope.

Unknown to her, she is in good hands. Very very good hands. The best the world of medicine has to offer.

The nurse cleans the instruments with antiseptic. Strange instruments. The doctor had invented one of them more than 50 years ago, when he was young. It is to turn a baby before it passes through the birth canal.

All the experience of a lifetime, all the skills of a surgeon and an inventor, all the knowledge from Galen to Ibn Sina are brought to bear as he works diligently.

It is a boy. The mother is safe. Thank you, oh healer, cries the mother.

It shall take the Europeans translators 300 years to bring the book of surgery into Latin. The standard text of medicine it shall remain. Of obs and gynae, surgery, pharmaceuticals. The techniques of his plastic surgery shall not be replicated for 900 years. The year is 1005 CE. The doctor shall be known to the west as Albucasis. The book as ' The Method of Medicine '.

I know him as Al-Zahrawi. His book the ' al-Tasrif '. The city, Medina Zehara near Cordoba, Spain. And of course, one of the instruments as the ' Forceps '.

My mother, herself, was an obs and gynae surgeon.

S

Shelby Lewis

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

First few files with my D800... lenses just came this afternoon... both these with the new 85/1.5 G. I'm pretty gobsmacked by these files when not compressed for online viewing.

Window light

Cheers!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

Just posted these in the D800 thread... first files from a new camera... and my first Nikon stuff since the D100 :D

Cheers!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Shelby, those are really VERY nice! Welcome to the club....
Thanks Tim! It's been a while since I've shot anything but an RZ and I can't believe the quality of files from such an easy-to-use camera. I'm pretty stunned.

Status
Not open for further replies.