The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 7792

Joe,
what do you think about the zeiss 21 2.8 with the d800? I like the picture you showed us, I´d appreciate your opinion.
Gustavo,

So far, after one week of use, I like it. It's wonderfully easy to focus as all Zeiss lenses seem to be, sharp from corner to corner, and wide enough to find a home in my bag for those occasions (mostly landscapes) where I need to go super-wide. At 21mm, my admittedly subjective judgement is that it is sharper than the other alternatives I've used (on the D700 and D3s) like the Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8. The debate I had with myself before buying the lens was whether I needed/wanted something this wide. I've now decided that it has a home in my D800 kit. :thumbs:

I would not have been able to get the Fresnel lens image without it.

Cheers,

Joe

viablex1

too much shift but I was in a hurry even though on my former campus of WVU, the way things are these days walking around with a tripod after dark looked weird, I am thinking of asking them for a permit and go back just to shoot the campus

gustavo

Gustavo,

So far, after one week of use, I like it. It's wonderfully easy to focus as all Zeiss lenses seem to be, sharp from corner to corner, and wide enough to find a home in my bag for those occasions (mostly landscapes) where I need to go super-wide. At 21mm, my admittedly subjective judgement is that it is sharper than the other alternatives I've used (on the D700 and D3s) like the Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8. The debate I had with myself before buying the lens was whether I needed/wanted something this wide. I've now decided that it has a home in my D800 kit. :thumbs:

I would not have been able to get the Fresnel lens image without it.

Cheers,

Joe
thanks Joe.

regards.

Just posted these in the D800 thread... first files from a new camera... and my first Nikon stuff since the D100 :D

Cheers!
Shelby
If there is no description, I would believe it's taken by your MF camera.
Anyway, some of us complain the quality of D800 on portrait photos. I do doubt what did they complain when I see your photos.
It's amazing.

Been posting in the Medium Format, Fuji x100 and Fuji X-Pro 1 forums here at GetDpi.
Not sure why I've never posted images here in the Nikon forum.
Totally impressed with the images here - some of the best I've seen.
Well, here are a few with a D700 from a recent trip to Hanoi, Vietnam.
These are two University students from Hanoi.
Shot with the 85/1.4 and 50/1.4.
Hope you like them.

S

Shelby Lewis

Wonderful work on this thread!

Still testing the 85/1.8G with the D800 this morning...

Cheers!
Shelby

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

(...) Still testing the 85/1.8G with the D800 this morning... (...)

Beautiful, Shelby !

If I may join you in the Flower & Bokeh department .-)

click for native size of the crop - in some browsers the F11 key maximizes and again minimizes <-> the web browser window

Nikon D800 • Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar 2/100mm ZF • 1/20 sec at f/4 ISO 100 • Lightroom 4

Status
Not open for further replies.