The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shelby Lewis

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Shelby

I really like these two portraits. Putting the technical quality aside for a moment...

I love the simplicity and the warmth of the expression. The use of natural light and natural tones. Really lovely work... images that will mean a lot to the subjects many years from now.

If they were my kids I would be thrilled.

Technically they are flawless! I also think that the agility of the camera helped you achieve what you did.

I am very happy with the Nikon 85mm 1.4G too.
Thanks Fred! Just so you know... these are my kids... so they are pretty at ease with a camera pointed at them. I'm also glad they look so much more like their mom than me! :D

Much appreciated!
Shelby

bensonga

Another shot with the 80-200/2.8D and the D700. I just can't pull my eyes away from all the old industrial machinery etc...I think this is an excavator. :D

I placed an order for this lens today.

Gary

Bildifokus

"Naked portrait" (without makeup). Simple setup using natural light and one reflector. I used Nikon D3x and PC-E 45/2,8 @ f3. Maybe not my first choice of lens when shooting portrait, but it's fun. :)

ausemmao

I've been lurking for a while, and finally registered today! First post has to be an image post, right? Forgive the rank amateurness, I'm more of a newbie who's dropped spare pennies and time into this than anything else. Looking forward to learning more :)

D7000 + the 24s

BSEH

I've been lurking for a while, and finally registered today! First post has to be an image post, right? Forgive the rank amateurness, I'm more of a newbie who's dropped spare pennies and time into this than anything else. Looking forward to learning more :)

D7000 + the 24s

:thumbup: like this one, and remember all the time I spend stuck in the Tube. - And the D7000 I sold by mistake.. Its still my favorit camera, until i get the D800 in my hand..:)

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Welcome! Good start. This one is excellent :thumbs:

BSEH

Some her promise pictures with a little edge

D700 / 24-70 - Ofelia Beach central Copenhagen - june 2012

ustein

Contributing Editor

I like the 85mm f/1.8G quite a bit.

f/2 at ISO 1600 in a dark room:

People closed in period clothing at the the San Juan Bautista "Living History" event:

S

Shelby Lewis

Nice, Uwe! Really like the 2nd shot.

Here's one from vacation this week. I think the 180/2.8 ... edited on my laptop, so I have no idea what theylook like on a good monitor.

Cheers!
Shelby

ustein

Contributing Editor

Thanks.

>and light.

Use a bit of shade. Light at these events are mostly hard California sun.

Note: When we used our Nikon F2s in 1970th we loved the 85mm the most. Back to the new 85mm now.

FredBGG

Not Available

Thanks Fred! Just so you know... these are my kids... so they are pretty at ease with a camera pointed at them. I'm also glad they look so much more like their mom than me! :D

Much appreciated!
Shelby
What lovely kids! I officially authorize you to brag about them whenever you feel like it.:D

But on a more serious note... they are quite special images. Beautiful images of our kids and family members are IMHO of more value than all the fancy celebrity portraits I do.....

For example I love the work of this lady:

Flickr: lauren {elycerose}'s Photostream

S

Shelby Lewis

What kind words. Thanks Fred! :thumbup: And what a neat Flickr link... I love that work. I'll have to follow along.

Actually.. the main reason I moved out of MF was to have something more capable of shooting my kids. The D800 offered near (better in some cases) MF quality and the convenience of a DSLR such that I could get back to shooting more candids without lugging an RZ or AFD and being confined to ISO 200 and below...

Case in point... Sitting here perusing GetDPI, I saw shot this about 5 minutes ago. Grabbed the camera and shot away without worry. Vacation sunburn, ice cream and all... I love this little girl...

Cheers!
Shelby

What lovely kids! I officially authorize you to brag about them whenever you feel like it.:D

But on a more serious note... they are quite special images. Beautiful images of our kids and family members are IMHO of more value than all the fancy celebrity portraits I do.....

For example I love the work of this lady:

Flickr: lauren {elycerose}'s Photostream

ausemmao

Welcome! Good start. This one is excellent :thumbs:
:thumbup: like this one, and remember all the time I spend stuck in the Tube. - And the D7000 I sold by mistake.. Its still my favorit camera, until i get the D800 in my hand..:)
I spend far too much time underground now, and the summer heat doesn't make it any nicer!

It's my favourite image so far, in part because I was told I 'couldn't' use a PC-E handheld, part because the 3 women seemed to line up exactly how I was hoping they would.

Some her promise pictures with a little edge

D700 / 24-70 - Ofelia Beach central Copenhagen - june 2012
Glad the bad weather hasn't travelled east from here! How long do the sculptures stay up?

Status
Not open for further replies.