The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSEH

Re: 49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

stacks

click for native sizes

© • Nikon D800E • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/85mm G • 1/250 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 100 • Capture NX2
Love this picture - nice.

And now with the D800E, do you really feel any difference frome the D800 ?

dmeckert

aha.. have the same thinkíng on my D700 just getting it in the wait for D800, the D600 will make having a D700 like a owning a Porsche Cayenne in Greece :thumbdown:
i'd be really tempted by the d600, if it didn't have the consumer mode dial it appears to have (although, it also appears to have a lock, so that might be okay), and has a pc socket and auto FP sync (necessary for hacking the flash sync with my PCB Einsteins). any smaller than a d7000 and i'm out too. i like fairly bulky cameras with vertical grips. my hands tend to cramp on too small a DSLR style camera.

BSEH

i'd be really tempted by the d600, if it didn't have the consumer mode dial it appears to have (although, it also appears to have a lock, so that might be okay), and has a pc socket and auto FP sync (necessary for hacking the flash sync with my PCB Einsteins). any smaller than a d7000 and i'm out too. i like fairly bulky cameras with vertical grips. my hands tend to cramp on too small a DSLR style camera.
I'll se what come first 8 or 600 here in DK.. That might be my choice.

The D7000 i had was really good in IQ / DR - and with a grib not that small, body feel's solid, but the finder and AF not up to the bigger bodys. But I really ditten miss any features on the D7000, and have as you say pc s/auto synk..

This is RAW of af camera D7000 and a 24-70 f72.8 - natural light only (just a little bur of background.

Thorkil

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Thank you Jim. Interesting! Its difficult to claim that the D800E is far better than the M9(!) And for the colours, you were there yourself, which one seemes to be the closest to the real life? The M9 colours seems to be a bit more punchy/rich, and the 800E a little weak.(?)
Thorkil

JimCollum

Thank you Jim. Interesting! Its difficult to claim that the D800E is far better than the M9(!) And for the colours, you were there yourself, which one seemes to be the closest to the real life? The M9 colours seems to be a bit more punchy/rich, and the 800E a little weak.(?)
Thorkil
I'm sure I could tweak the 800e files to get punchier colors.. (the M9 is closer to what was there). In general, the M9 files felt 'thicker' for want of a better word.

Thorkil

I'm sure I could tweak the 800e files to get punchier colors.. (the M9 is closer to what was there). In general, the M9 files felt 'thicker' for want of a better word.
Yes thicker, that might be the right word. If the price didn't matter I would have gone for a M9 I guess, or perhaps rather the upcoming M10. But price do matter.

Thorkil

ps. ...on the other hand, A2 prints from the D800/E are almost chocking full of details..

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
The All New Fun with Nikon Images

And now with the D800E, do you really feel any difference frome the D800 ?

It's just me.
The presence and impact of the filter on the regular model is visible, though with good post processing technique not incurable.
But admittedly, with the enormous price difference between the two models here in Denmark the E designation surely means Extravagance.
And as for moiré, yes, it does pop up now and then but so far not to an extent that bothers me. So far I have not even bothered to remove it.
For me it's truly a pleasure to be without the filter, like finally finding my best reading glasses or looking through a cleaner window pane.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
49 Fantastic Photographers and Me

85mm at f/2.8

© • click for native size (5.7 Mb)

© • Nikon D800E • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/85mm G • 1/1250 sec. at f/2.8 ISO 100 • Capture NX2

Z

zebra

On the River

Granny's Trunk

Morning. In the Bathhouse

Two clicks will take you to the full-sized photos...
Exif included.

JimCollum

ps. ...on the other hand, A2 prints from the D800/E are almost chocking full of details..
yup

I've had a D3 since it was released.... happy with the D800 as well.. it's not going anywhere :)

(and congrats to ckhfrankie... you're gonna be having fun... )

tashley

Subscriber Member

I took a version of this one with a Nex7 about a month ago, and keep trying to better it with the D800E but whatever I do, the Nex version (here) remains better. Just goes to show that the best camera is the one you have with you! Anyhoo thought I'd post it anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.