The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Love that first one, Steve. The second is what I see in the mirror when I'm thinking through a problem. ;)

eleanorbrown

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Well I have been enviously enjoying everyone's photos here but in a little while I'm driving up to Boulder Colorado as they have a D800e waiting for me. After waiting for a 3 month backorder from B&H with no luck I found one at a local Colorado camera store. Hopefully I'll be posting some photos soon! Eleanor

eleanorbrown

Well I won't be posting any new D800e images because all I can post is the issues i'm having with the camera. With live view, all I get is what you see in the attached image and if I shoot an image without live view all I get is a histogram that indicates black..no exposure. Anyone ever seen these issues. I've been successfully shooting with all my lenses on my D5100 with no issues whatsoever. Thanks! Eleanor

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Well I won't be posting any new D800e images because all I can post is the issues i'm having with the camera. With live view, all I get is what you see in the attached image and if I shoot an image without live view all I get is a histogram that indicates black..no exposure. Anyone ever seen these issues. I've been successfully shooting with all my lenses on my D5100 with no issues whatsoever. Thanks! Eleanor
Ouch,
the only time I get anything like that is when I leave on the lenscap.
Looks like you got a bad one.
-bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Eleanor,

Try manual mode and vary the shutter speed with wide open apertures.

Also remove the lens and insure that the shutter is opening as in B mode.

Again remove battery and see if it will reset.....

No clue here.

Bob

ausemmao

This is nice.. I donno how much PP you done, but Im for sure miss the DR of the D7000 on my guest-camera D700..
Not much - fixed the green shift, raised the shadows and contrast a bit. I did have a CP on though - even at 10mm I like the effect it has on reflections and the sky.

eleanorbrown

Thanks everyone... Tried these suggestions and no luck. It was like this right out of the box....shutter is opening but sensor is not recording. So frustrating...been waiting months to get one of these. Eleanor

just4fun

Thanks everyone... Tried these suggestions and no luck. It was like this right out of the box....shutter is opening but sensor is not recording. So frustrating...been waiting months to get one of these. Eleanor
I feel sorry about the problem, I'll be mad if I was you.
Try exchange it first then return for service later,
Sonny

BenH

I have read of issues with some brands of media cards not being compatible with the D800(e). I do not recall just what the problem was, just that they did not work. If you are using an SD card, it might be an idea to try one of a different manufacture or a CF card.

It is terrible to have problems with a brand new camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.