The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oamkumar

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

I currently use the 2.8/60 as my general purpose lens on the D800E (very sharp and flexible and a great Macro) and the 1.4/85 for portraits (also an excellent lens on the D800E). I really can recommend both lenses. I do not know the 1.8/85, so no feedback on this one, except that I do not really trust the cheaper (non Nano coated) designs on the demanding D800E, but I might be wrong. You should try it.

I used to own the 105 Micro back in my D3 / D700 days and I really liked this lens, only sold it because I once more had changed gear. So I expect it to be great on the D800E as well.
Thank you so much. I will try to get those lenses.

Last edited:

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member

:clap::clap::clap: I just got confirmation that my D800 has FINALLY been delievered, after waiting since early March. I can't wait to shoot the bodybuilding competition this weekend with it to see the difference between the D800 and the D3s. :grin:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Land Locked

-bob

1/400 sec; f/8; ISO 250; 70-200 1:2.8 nikkor at 200mm

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Wedding

-bob

1/40 sec; f/8; ISO 100 16mm fisheye nikkor

Last edited:

Thorkil

Jim, nice pic, and now I'm really regretting I've just sold that Hassy lens 110/FE for just about nothing.
Bob, nice pictures too, but lens, aperture, speed and Iso?, or at least some of it.
Thorkil

D800E, w Hasselblad 110/2FE, mounted using fotodiox adapter

Out at Roaring Camp, testing out the new adapter (my other new toy.. the Honda Accord being retired after 200,000 miles)

a full size version is at

http://www.jcollum.com/d800/20120705_D800_DSC4681.jpg

processed in Lightroom, all sharpening turned off
Nice new toys Jim :chug:

That looks pretty sharp - what f-stop for the photo? I have this lens as well but never thought to hook it up to my Nikon - will have to check out the adapter.

Cheers,

Joe

JimCollum

Nice new toys Jim :chug:

That looks pretty sharp - what f-stop for the photo? I have this lens as well but never thought to hook it up to my Nikon - will have to check out the adapter.

Cheers,

Joe
pretty sure it was f5.6 (maybe 8.. was only testing 2, 5.6 & 8 )

Every year our little town hosts a 4th of July parade - here's a sampling of some photos I took with D800E and 70-200mm f2.8 VRII:

The combination worked really well in what can only be described as a highly dynamic environment! Folks were constantly moving in front of my shots, usually just as I was pressing the shutter :angry:

Cheers,

JimCollum

Every year our little town hosts a 4th of July parade - here's a sampling of some photos I took with D800E and 70-200mm f2.8 VRII:

The combination worked really well in what can only be described as a highly dynamic environment! Folks were constantly moving in front of my shots, usually just as I was pressing the shutter :angry:

Cheers,
well done! The light on the morning of the 4th in the valley here was great (overcast).. you can see that in your images

waynelake

Lake Johnson Remarkables Queenstown, maybe 45 minutes walk from where I live, looking South or S.E. I'm going back to get more along lake looking more to left, East, so from different angle. I could have last night, of moon rising but never been to where I wanted to go during day, and plenty of frost ?ice? sloping ground, no torch...

Took these at most shutter speeds and 1600 3200 and 6400. The 3200 or 6400 are the better pictures.
AF20mm 2.8D, mirror up, ISO 6400, F2.8 10 seconds. Resized only, no adjustments... I really need a better lens... The stars are close to being dots. The streakiness of stars are ?aberations? of whatever type...

ISO 6400 8 seconds

ISO 6400 8 seconds

waynelake

Thanks, good to know, I'm not overly educated yet... :) Its easier to get pictures like these than at day with great lighting, at the same place...

Status
Not open for further replies.