The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleanorbrown

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Agree, the sense of freedom is really wonderful. My phase one equipment is very heavy and bulky. I'm really enjoying live view shooting on the Nikon too! Eleanor

nice images eleanor!

i too have the same camera/lens combo. imho, a great combo! i hope you enjoy yours as much as i enjoy mine. in addition, i feel a sense of freedom being able to go out with a small kit (compared to lugging around my tech cameras and hassy equipment) while still able to create high/gallery quality images.

rh

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Bodie - Star Trails with Full Spectrum visible & IR converted D800

D800 (IR+Visible), Zeiss 21/2.8 f/4.5 4mins ISO 100 (20+ images)

Last edited:

waynelake

Most lenses will not give pin-point stars wide open. A point light source is the best thing to show limitations of a lens. Stopping down two stops or more will tighten up those stars. To stop them from trailing, you will need a shorter exposure or a tracking mount. Tracking will make the ground blur. Welcome to the wonderful fun you can have shooting stars from a rotating platform.
Thanks for the information and reply. At the moment I'm relieved I've got this camera, and love the live view virtual horizon... I'm 3 or 4 hours drive from Lake Tekapo which has been made a "gold level night sky reserve", almost free of light pollution, and must visit soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.