The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

carstenw

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Beautiful shots, Jim, real timeless. On the other hand, there isn't 36MP of information there :)

JimCollum

Beautiful shots, Jim, real timeless. On the other hand, there isn't 36MP of information there :)
just a false constraint on creativity :) :)

(i've also been known to shoot petzval glass from 1850 with a Betterlight scanning back )

.. and thanks!

.. although.. if you take the same shot thru a 12Mp camera... you're still getting more 'information' from the 36Mp capture (or 25 in the case of a 1:1 crop)

JimCollum

Beautiful quality to these photos Jim - love your processing. :thumbs:

I was just by there on my way to Morro Bay last week - must have just missed you :toocool:
we should go shooting down there sometime.

I took those this morning (up at 4:30am) .. .minus tide at dawn.. have to keep track of those

Here's a shot of Jim shooting the photos he just posted from Garapata - you can see him hunched over his camera on the coast in the distance :bugeyes:

This is where 36Mpx comes in handy :ROTFL:

we should go shooting down there sometime.

I took those this morning (up at 4:30am) .. .minus tide at dawn.. have to keep track of those
Sounds like fun but will have to leave the wife at home - she puts up with my photography as it is but if I tell her she has to get up at that hour, I fear all my gear may end up at the landfill... :loco:

JimCollum

Here's a shot of Jim shooting the photos he just posted from Garapata - you can see him hunched over his camera on the coast in the distance :bugeyes:

This is where 36Mpx comes in handy :ROTFL:

hmmm.. i'm not sure if there was blue in the sky :)

but who can tell in b/w

Stopped by the elephant seal hangout near San Simeon - the seals are molting right now - you can see the old skin flaking off.

These two males were going at it and there were several pairs fighting almost constantly - you can see scars on all the adult males that are laying in the sand around these two.

You can also see a sub-adult in the foreground - they don't form the "elephant" nose until they are older.

D800E with 70-200m f2.8 VRII @ 200mm f5.6:

JimCollum

Looks like you're enjoying the D800... has it impacted your use of your M9?

Stopped by the elephant seal hangout near San Simeon - the seals are molting right now - you can see the old skin flaking off.

These two males were going at it and there were several pairs fighting almost constantly - you can see scars on all the adult males that are laying in the sand around these two.

You can also see a sub-adult in the foreground - they don't form the "elephant" nose until they are older.

D800E with 70-200m f2.8 VRII @ 200mm f5.6:

Here's another from this morning

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Matto: Very kewl shots. You really do have amazing access. Keep 'em coming.

Frankie: Love that shot. Brilliant use of the fisheye. Really works here.

Pramote: What can I say. That might be my all-time favorite among your many brilliant images. Stunning!

Jurgen: Wow! A truly inspiring set. That shot through the window really is magic!! Hard to pick a fav, but that one is right up there.
Thanks very much Lloyd! I really appreciate it.

tashley

Subscriber Member

D800 with 24-120 F4 which, contrary to my expectations, can track a fast flying bird with razor accuracy... 1/1000th @ f5.6 in 51 point AF-C mode

Looks like you're enjoying the D800... has it impacted your use of your M9?
I just picked up a used DB for my Contax 645 so between that and the D800E my poor M9 has been gathering dust :cry:

Are you on vacation this week or just like getting up at 4:30am to shoot before work :loco:

Let me know when you want to go out shooting next - I should be around for the most part.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.