The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y Sol

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Great Landscapelover! I also love the 14-24. Here's a shot from the Morsum kliff on the German island Sylt. D800 14-24 @ 16mm f7.1

Last edited:

johnnygoesdigital

These photos are great..I love these threads, but there's one thing that stands out for me in the D800 photographs. There's an apparent lack of "micro contrast" in most every image...mine images too! I'm not sure if it's because of web sized images and differences in monitor calibration, but there'a a flatness to my images straight from the camera. I can edit them for a cleaner look, but curious if others are experiencing this?

Y Sol

Maybe it's a color profile thing. the first one was Adobe RGB, this one is in sRGB. Ydo

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

These photos are great..I love these threads, but there's one thing that stands out for me in the D800 photographs. There's an apparent lack of "micro contrast" in most every image...mine images too! I'm not sure if it's because of web sized images and differences in monitor calibration, but there'a a flatness to my images straight from the camera. I can edit them for a cleaner look, but curious if others are experiencing this?
Other people may have different opinions. Compared to the D800E (doesn't matter what lenses), pictures from my P1 IQ180 need less processing, have better color quality, more 3D look and, most importantly, look better in big prints.
However, the price is much higher too. I think both of them are excellent cameras. Although I've already have the IQ180, I'm glad I've owned the D800E too.

Well I don't have an IQ180 but my experience with digital had been that the more pixels, the bigger sensor area and the newer technologies it brings, makes your images even better. I have played with files from Hasselblad HD40 and Pentax 645 and they are different, more 3d looking and colors handled better.
Recently I did an interior shooting in a CH store, took a Hasselblad HD40 and my old 5D MKII. To get the handbags colours right from the MKII was hell. The Hasselblad was so easy. One other thing about the Hasselblad was that even at 100% it did't look digital plasticy as 35mm files.
No doubt about the qualities of a bigger sensor and CCD colours..

etrigan63

Well, the D800e is definitely in my future (unless I win Lotto or a mysterious benefactor bequeaths me an MFD system), so the more I learn on how to work with it, the better.

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Cadillac Mountain
Acadia National Park, Maine
Nikon D800E and Nikon 70-200mm VRII f/2.8

I was driving to the top of the Cadillac Mountain. My jaws dropped when I first saw it. It's pretty much the REAL color. it lasted for only a few minutes. This was my first picture of the day and I didn't even have time to bracket.

I hope you guys like it.

Thanks
Pramote

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

The landscape in south of Sweden right now. The region is called Skåne.​

Nikon D3x | AF-S 50/1,4G | f1,4 | 1/5000 | iso 100 | Feisol CT-3472LV | Feisol CB-50D
Nice creative use of DoF to isolate the subject. I thought at first you'd used reverse tilt vs wide open 50/1.4. Very nice tonality and mood in this too. :thumbs:

Cadillac Mountain
Acadia National Park, Maine
Nikon D800E and Nikon 70-200mm VRII f/2.8

I was driving to the top of the Cadillac Mountain. My jaws dropped when I first saw it. It's pretty much the REAL color. it lasted for only a few minutes. This was my first picture of the day and I didn't even have time to bracket.

I hope you guys like it.

Thanks
Pramote
Pramote, I believe it. I've got several images like this that people always ask if it's real or photoshop. Sometimes it's hard for folks to understand that sometimes the sky will have such intensity of colour - you've got to be there to believe it.

lmeiners

D800, ISO 640, Nikkor 24-120mm @ 120mm f/13, 1/640s

My first post. Still learning how to use the camera. This photo was taken of my son and new daughter-in-law as they were exchanging vows. When the image came up on my monitor, my first thought was that "When a woman looks at you like this, your bachelor days are pretty much history."

eleanorbrown

This was shot with with my D800e with Zeiss Makro 100 f2 lens. Doll Collection in South Park City, Colorado, an 1800's restored (in semi arrested decay) mining town. This was converted to toned black and white in Silver Efex Pro 2. Eleanor

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

The landscape in south of Sweden right now. The region is called Skåne.​

Nikon D3x | AF-S 50/1,4G | f1,4 | 1/5000 | iso 100 | Feisol CT-3472LV | Feisol CB-50D
GREAT IMAGE, perfect use of the 50/1.4 -- I just love the way this lens renders, it's one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.