The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Frankie: All these pictures from Mongolia are impressive. I really like this latest one, and the use of shallow depth of field here really works well. I also like the quote... honestly, it's something I need to remember just now.

gustavo

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

I`ve got my d800e. Couple of the first shots (handheld);

Nikon d800e z21/2.8

Nikon d800e Nikon 24-70 2.8

The images don`t look like like in my pc, but I thought I had to share with you. I need to improve my upload technique.

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Trail Ridge Road; Rocky Mountain National Park; Estes Park, CO
Nikon D800E; Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 AFS; Lee 0.6 GND; Bracketing

Frankie: All these pictures from Mongolia are impressive. I really like this latest one, and the use of shallow depth of field here really works well. I also like the quote... honestly, it's something I need to remember just now.
Thx Lloyd. What should be remembered....?? :toocool:

Lloyd

Excellent work, as always, Rayyan. I particularly like the color and subtle light in the first shot. Best to you and your, my friend.

rayyan

Excellent work, as always, Rayyan. I particularly like the color and subtle light in the first shot. Best to you and your, my friend.
Lloyd, thank you. Best wishes to you and yours.

My thanks also to Jack, Oamkumar, BenH.

Kind regards.

eleanorbrown

More with the D800e, this time waterfalls from the famous Beartooth Highway, Wyoming and Montana. First shot with the 85 1.4 lens and second with my 35 1.4 lens, both using a 1.8 ND filter. Eleanor

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Thanks Guy... Good idea about the streak .....the 800e seems to do well with these long exposures. Eleanor
Eleanor,

The D800 is GREAT with long exposure shots. I actually bought mine just for this purpose and for IR (mine's modified). As a tool for night and long exposures it really is excellent. Not too shabby at the rest of time either btw. (still prefer my IQ160 though :grin:)

eleanorbrown

Hi graham, I have the P65+ and with long exposures I get lots of hot pixels so I find my 800e to be better for very long exposures. Eleanor

Eleanor,

The D800 is GREAT with long exposure shots. I actually bought mine just for this purpose and for IR (mine's modified). As a tool for night and long exposures it really is excellent. Not too shabby at the rest of time either btw. (still prefer my IQ160 though :grin:)

johnnygoesdigital

eleanorbrown,

I really like your compositions... I'm curious if the color cast in the water,(vertical image) in the 35mm 1.4 photo was added?

eleanorbrown

Really not sure about the color cast. I probably need to rethink my processing but I do know there is some naturally occuring aqua color to the water and that may be what you are seeing. The slight magenta cast shouldn't be there tho...I need to take more time and process more carefully when I go to make a print!! eleanor

eleanorbrown,

I really like your compositions... I'm curious if the color cast in the water,(vertical image) in the 35mm 1.4 photo was added?

Status
Not open for further replies.