The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleanorbrown

Re: Fun with D800 Photos

Another visit today with the D800e and Zeiss 100 makro lens to the 1800's restored mining town. South Park City, CO. A little different interpretation as I like images that have an abstract feel. First image taken in the old restored Pharmacy and the second, in the old postoffice and the last one of an old antique lantern. Eleanor

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Oh my! Gorgeous color! Where on mt Evans did you shoot this? What are we going to do until the high road opens again next may!? ;-(...Eleanor

Thanks Eleanor if was in AM after the sunrise at the Summit Lake. I will miss Mt. Evan. You're right, I will miss Mount Evans...Until next year. Pramote

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Great shot as always. I don't want to be Mr. bad guy but I think there is a dirt sport at 11 o'clock either on the sensor or the lense which is also at the same spot in the previous photo (or maybe a stationary eagle 5 miles high :D ).

Greetings, Jurgen
Thanks Jurgen! It's a sensor.
I've never cleaned it! My bad! :)
Pramote

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Bar Harbour, ME
It was raining.
Nikon D800E; Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; Stitching and crop on the sides. The photo was > 1:4 ratio. Now it is in 6X17 format.

Lloyd

Rayyan: That's a special, respectful image. Thank you for sharing.

Jurgen: Cool shots. Are you in NY now? I was there all last week. We put a group of forum members together for some shooting one day. Would have loved to have you join us.

Pramote: Another winner. You seem to have a special relationship with that mountain.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Rayyan: That's a special, respectful image. Thank you for sharing.

Jurgen: Cool shots. Are you in NY now? I was there all last week. We put a group of forum members together for some shooting one day. Would have loved to have you join us.

Pramote: Another winner. You seem to have a special relationship with that mountain.
Thanks very much Lloyd! Mount Evans is not far from my home at all (56 miles from Denver). It is a highest paved road in North America (14, 265 Ft). I was there many times with my family. My kids love the mountain goats and it is the only place to see them. I know this place like my fingers.
Due to high elevation, the sky has never been the same. When I went there, I moved from one place to the others and I can shoot all day. The same is for Rocky Mountain National Park.
Pramote

Magic

Hi Lloyd,

the photos are from 2009 when we were in New York. I wish I was in NY now or even better could have attended that meeting you mentioned but "unfortunately" I am in the sandpit in Dubai / Abu Dhabi.
We will go to San Francisco, Las Vegas / Grand Canyon and maybe also Los Angeles early December.

btw - off topic, I heard/read so many negative stories about LA -would you recommend to go there for a couple of days or should we skip it and spend more time at the other destinations ? (knowing that this is of course is a question of personal experience/opinion)

Greetings, Jurgen

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Hi Pramote,

no problem, you are welcome...maybe I have become a bit "hyper" regarding sensor dust, resulting in the "Sensor Cleaning Thread" ;)
Thanks Jurgen! I've cleaned my IQ180 back all the time as it is so easy.
When it comes to DSLR, I always have a problem, thanks for your post.
Pramote

Status
Not open for further replies.