The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the D600!

More 180/D600...24/7 caregiver...only time for pics is between 7-8 AM while wife is still sleeping...processing done late at night...thanks for the "likes" on the last set.

Last edited:

ustein

Contributing Editor
>Not quite sure why the d800 thread merged

Actually me neither. Maybe a D600/D2x/D800 thread would have made more sense.

johnnygoesdigital

Okay, i've tried them both, the Zeiss 18mm, and Zf.2 21mm, and I still can't decide which lens I prefer. I like the FL of the 18mm for landscapes, and sometimes the extra 3mm is essential. However, for shooting portraits, the 21mm is more pleasing and the extra stop makes low light easier to compose. Landscapelover's recent images are a good reason to go with the 18mm, as those photographs are nicely composed, and as Jack once mentioned in another thread, "sometimes you just have to get it all in" (or something to that effect). They're both really good lenses that take post nicely, and there's not a lot of compromise between the two...imo.

eleanorbrown

I have the 14-24 and have been using it almost exclusively on my road trip to Nebraska and the Dakotas but is is HEAVY and bulky when hiking steep uphill. I have a trip scheduled to Norway fjords and high Arctic Svalbard next may and will have to decide what to do about what wide lens to take. I've tried the 18 zeiss but found I preferred my 14-24 over the Zeiss for various reasons. For my next trip I'll have to decide whether to reconsider the 18 zeiss..perfect for travel, or try the Zeiss 15...a little heavier but not as heavy as the 14-24 and faster than the 18. Would love to hear from anyone who has tried the Zeiss 15.

Okay, i've tried them both, the Zeiss 18mm, and Zf.2 21mm, and I still can't decide which lens I prefer. I like the FL of the 18mm for landscapes, and sometimes the extra 3mm is essential. However, for shooting portraits, the 21mm is more pleasing and the extra stop makes low light easier to compose. Landscapelover's recent images are a good reason to go with the 18mm, as those photographs are nicely composed, and as Jack once mentioned in another thread, "sometimes you just have to get it all in" (or something to that effect). They're both really good lenses that take post nicely, and there's not a lot of compromise between the two...imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.