The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

aboudd

Thanks Lloyd, I appreciate the comments. There is nothing like early morning like to set the creative juices flowing.

D&A

From my morning hike on Teddy Roosevelt Island. For those of you on the left coast, this is a small island between Arlington Va and Washington, D.C.

Nikon D600, 85MM 1.8. Processed RAW through LR. The rendering and color fidelity of this new sensor continues to amaze me.[/QUExcept lovely images

Lovely images Aboud. In all these years, I've yet to step food on Teddy Roosevelt Island, although I pass right by the footbridgE to it maybe 1-2 times most weeks (while cycling). Unfortunately noontime to stop or don't want to chance leaving good bike locked up off island ( where no bikes allowed).

If the D600 had a little bit more of "this" and a bit more of "that" , sort of a mini D4, my decision to go with one would be made so much easier....although your images and comments are very convincing.

Dave (D&A)

aboudd

Now Dave, we all know you've got a suitcase full of money under your bed, so lift that lid, let the moths out and make your move! ;-) What "this and that" do you think is missing? You are paying for a great sensor, and an easy to handle lightweight camera, not the gee-gaws that make the techno-geeks kvell. Do you want surround sound, a fold-out 42" LCD, what?! Seriously, I have both the D4 and the D600 and I have yet to find anything lacking in the D600 that would have kept me from buying it. No, the build quality is not equal to the D700, but neither is the price, and you get 24 MPX vs. 12 MPX for a few hundred more than a used D700, but it is good enough unless you are the type to abuse your gear, which you are decidedly not. Unless you need the clean high ISO and higher speed drive of a D700, it is an easy decision.

Here is one more from TRI ...

Last edited:

kuau

Workshop Member
Pramote and Eleanor,
I can't keep up with you guys :):)
A few more from Telluride

Fall colors is coming to an end up here..

Steven

Last edited:

kuau

Workshop Member
Thanks Eleanor....
Colorado really has so much to offer all of us.
Between yourself and Pramote, you guys have been killing it.
Great Images from everyone. :thumbs:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

I stopped by at the Cherry Creek State Park on the way to work this morning after the light snow.
I had only a Nikon 50mm f/1.4 on the D800E.
Sorry Steven, it's nothing like Telluride :)

D&A

Now Dave, we all know you've got a suitcase full of money under your bed, so lift that lid, let the moths out and make your move! ;-) What "this and that" do you think is missing? You are paying for a great sensor, and an easy to handle lightweight camera, not the gee-gaws that make the techno-geeks kvell. Do you want surround sound, a fold-out 42" LCD, what?! Seriously, I have both the D4 and the D600 and I have yet to find anything lacking in the D600 that would have kept me from buying it. No, the build quality is not equal to the D700, but neither is the price, and you get 24 MPX vs. 12 MPX for a few hundred more than a used D700, but it is good enough unless you are the type to abuse your gear, which you are decidedly not. Unless you need the clean high ISO and higher speed drive of a D700, it is an easy decision.

Here is one more from TRI ...
I've been looking for that misplaced suitcase for over 40 years...LOL! Actually you hit the nail on the head. What I actually desire is essentually the same robust built camera body, with frame rate, Extremely low light AF ability and and overall general funtionality as a D700, but with 24MP and possibly a bit cleaner high ISO performance. It appears the D600 is almost there, but it's Af is supposedly more like that in a D7000, which was a non go on a variety of fronts (for some paying jobs), simply due to it's AF and overall lack of responsivenes when pushed. I really need to rent/shoot the D600 to make a well defined evaluation, based on the shooting enviorment I'll primarilty be using it in.

The D3s/D4 would be fine, but since I am using the 645D simultaniously for it's resolution/file size, I was hoping for something physically smaller and lighter than Nikon's usual pro bodies, especially when I have to work with both camera systems.

You may be right, the D600 might just about fit my needs, but until I try, I'll nevber be certain.

Yes, I know, you're telling me the water is fine...so jump in :)

Dave (D&A)

kuau

Workshop Member
Pramote.
It may not be Telluride, but at least you got some snow. Here where I'm at, we can surely use some snow for a good ski season.
Thanks for the nice words though

Steven

I stopped by at the Cherry Creek State Park on the way to work this morning after the light snow.

eleanorbrown

Very lovely and delicate pramote..kind of what I wanted to take but had to pass by...we are on our way back to Houston ...I hated to leave on such a beautiful day with the snow on the willows and grasses!...also I think you would enjoy the Badlands for the photo opportunities....all you would need is your Z 18!
Eleanor

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Very lovely and delicate pramote..kind of what I wanted to take but had to pass by...we are on our way back to Houston ...I hated to leave on such a beautiful day with the snow on the willows and grasses!...also I think you would enjoy the Badlands for the photo opportunities....all you would need is your Z 18!
Eleanor

Thanks Eleanor for your kind words! I will certainly mark Badlands in a wish lists. It would be a light trip with only the D800E + Z18 :)

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Pramote.
It may not be Telluride, but at least you got some snow. Here where I'm at, we can surely use some snow for a good ski season.
Thanks for the nice words though

Steven
Thanks very much Steven! I hope you have good snow this year. Pramote

Status
Not open for further replies.