The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Decided to post this one with a little story. The other guys had called the sunset over and I said give it a few more minutes, sometimes you can get surprised. They waited a few minutes and started packing up their gear. I held off just that extra 2 minutes and was rewarded with a small pop of light. THis is only quickly processed on my laptop and will need some careful dodge and burn to get it to final state, but I think it's decent enough you get the idea...

D800, 24 PC-E, .4 sec at f8, single file processed in C1-7 using local adjustments:

RVB

I plan this shoot this scene again,, when the van is gone....and probably with a TS lens.. D800E + 85mm 1.4g

Mr.Gale

Jack,
On the way home I'd suggest taking 395 up through the Owns Valley to Hwy 89 (Monitor Pass) then continuing to Hwy 88 and head North over Carson pass to Jackson. The fall color was looking great last week and should be looking better this week. The areas I think will look best are North of Bishop, June Lake loop and in Hope Valley (on Hwy 88). Here are a couple snaps from last week.
If you decide to go this way, check the weather there is a storm forecasted for a couple of days starting Monday.

Mr.Gale
(All Nikon D800e)

Bishop Area:

Bishop Area:

June Lake Loop:

Hope Valley:

Hope Valley:

RVB

Jack,
On the way home I'd suggest taking 395 up through the Owns Valley to Hwy 89 (Monitor Pass) then continuing to Hwy 88 and head North over Carson pass to Jackson. The fall color was looking great last week and should be looking better this week. The areas I think will look best are North of Bishop, June Lake loop and in Hope Valley (on Hwy 88). Here are a couple snaps from last week.
If you decide to go this way, check the weather there is a storm forecasted for a couple of days starting Monday.

Mr.Gale
(All Nikon D800e)
Stunning color palette ....
Bishop Area:

Bishop Area:

June Lake Loop:

Hope Valley:

Hope Valley:
Stunning color palette ....

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack,

Mr.Gale
(All Nikon D800e)
Great suggestion, but I flew into Las Vegas, so no driving for me beyond that ;). We did the 395 corridor 2 years ago as a GetDPI workshop and got lots of great color including a lot of reds which aren't all that common here.

Very nice series of images, thanks for sharing them! :thumbup:

pophoto

One thing I can count on visiting this thread, consistent and regular high output of awesome photos!

Great work everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.