The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I went back and reprocessed this on my big monitor in C1 7. Pretty iconic shot of Zion. I may just sell this one, this was shot with the zeiss 35 F2 at 6.3 i believe, its killer sharp. Hmmmm

BTW 95 percent of the work is in C1. I do very very little in PS

Guy Mancuso

LOL it takes time to learn but I will give you a little secret learn color editor. It probably is the best thing in Raw processing and smokes anything LR can do. Problem is folks put very little stock in post processing. Its the last bit of magic you can put in your images.

Here is another Zeiss 35mm shot I did handheld.

Lloyd

Sitting here working on learning it now. Problem is, I have a large deliverable due early this afternoon, and I'm thinking I'll need to go back to LR for this one, as I know what I'm doing there. Then I'll work on learning C1 7.) Nice shot too, btw. Wonderful color density.

Guy Mancuso

My biggest surprise really giving my glass a major workout in Zion was the damn Samyang 14mm and i may have actually said it too much on the forum but Im shocked how good this damn lens really is. These two images are amazingly so sharp for a cheep priced optic Im still in shock over it. The next lens I totally underestimated was the Zeiss 25mm F2 it is killer good along with the 35mm F2 and IMHO better than Nikons by a long shot. The zeiss 18mm as expected to perform. the Sigma 150mm is also very nice on landscape work.

BTW overall i am seeing a lot more detail in my D800 E images in version 7. I have not done any direct comparisons to version 6 but I trust explicitly what my eyes see and there is no question in my mind my D800E is putting out more detail in Version 7

Here is 2 more 14mm shots

Guy Mancuso

Sitting here working on learning it now. Problem is, I have a large deliverable due early this afternoon, and I'm thinking I'll need to go back to LR for this one, as I know what I'm doing there. Then I'll work on learning C1 7.) Nice shot too, btw. Wonderful color density.
Yes dont hold production by any means do what you have to do and learn C1 as you go. It will take a couple weeks to get things down anyway just be patient. I been using it for years and it still surprises me. Its like PS you never will learn that program fully. Hey thats whats keeps us old dogs going is learning new tricks daily. LOL

Lloyd

I hear you on that one. I've been sitting here trying to process 700+ in C1 7, but just called "Uncle", and it's back to LR to get this to the client today.

tollie

Workshop Member
Re: Fun with the D600!

Benroy's garden shots called to me... and here are 4 images with the D600. The first 2 with the double glass optic by Lensbaby, the lizard with the nikkor 24 2.8 and the last one with the nikkor 50 1.8.

They are part of a larger collection of 46 images which are going into a self published garden book for the hotel/guest house... Lemontree Oceanfront Cottages.

The D600 is a wonderful instrument... the lenses are inexpensive (relatively) and fun to shoot. I am looking forward to the Tamron 180 which I have on order... I'll be able to get some great critter images.

All were hand held and shot as jpgs...

Thanks for looking.

Lloyd

Matto, Jurgen, Markhout, Pramote, great work all. I'm constantly in awe when I visit this thread! :thumbup:

Oh yeah, Guy, your stuff isn't too bad. Keep practicing, and you'll get there... hopefully. :rolleyes::ROTFL:

eleanorbrown

Thanks Fredrick...I will be in Lofoten but not sure when...we'll be with a national geographic group and not sure when the schedule it. I always enjoy your photos of the area...What I have seen of Norway it is truly a beautiful country...seems a very peaceful place to live...Please do send more images! Eleanor

Hi. This was shot with the 21mm Zeiss. This was waken in Kabelvågmarka, just west of the city of Svolvær. Am I correct in assuming that you are going to visit Lofoten? If that is the case, I might be able to give some assistance.

Best Regards, Fredrick.

eleanorbrown

Really like these Guy...I just downloaded C1-7 and this is a whole new ballgame! I'm finding initial color in my 800e really amazing ...awesome detail ...everything....I have been really struggling in Lightroom, trying to get my 800e files as close to my Phase files as is reasonably possible...with C1-7 I'm seeing better everything for the most part. I'm going to have to spend some time learning the ropes in this new C1 version! eleanor

My biggest surprise really giving my glass a major workout in Zion was the damn Samyang 14mm and i may have actually said it too much on the forum but Im shocked how good this damn lens really is. These two images are amazingly so sharp for a cheep priced optic Im still in shock over it. The next lens I totally underestimated was the Zeiss 25mm F2 it is killer good along with the 35mm F2 and IMHO better than Nikons by a long shot. The zeiss 18mm as expected to perform. the Sigma 150mm is also very nice on landscape work.

BTW overall i am seeing a lot more detail in my D800 E images in version 7. I have not done any direct comparisons to version 6 but I trust explicitly what my eyes see and there is no question in my mind my D800E is putting out more detail in Version 7

Here is 2 more 14mm shots

Guy Mancuso

I'm seeing major improvements in a lot of areas but trying not to sound like I'm bias which I really am when it comes to C1. Take your time learning it and watch some of those tutorials online. You run into issues ask questions. Jack, Bob and I can usually guide you

Bildifokus

This weekend it´s Scandinavians biggest photo exhibition in Copenhagen. Me and Dan Lindberg went for inspiration. The afternoon was spent eating "smörrebröd" with a beer and snaps! :) One image on my CF card from this day and it was this car. But we got a lot of ideas for the future, always inspiring to meet Dan. :thumbup:

Nikon D3x | AF-S 50/1,4G | f2,5 | 1/125 | iso 400

Status
Not open for further replies.