The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

I've been working this afternoon with the new upgrade to Capture One, now version 7. I'm finding I'm getting more accurate files and color in many cases. For some reason I had problems in Lightroom processing this file (tanker was bright reddish and hard to render correctly). I posted the LR version few days ago on this forum..Now I'll post the version I just converted in the new C1. The file is more accurate and color richer I think. Top image is the C1 image, bottom is the LR image. I've been a dedicated LR user but think I'm going to have to do some work now in C1-7..... Eleanor
The differences are quite pronounced, Eleanor. Did you use the Color Editor in C17?

I'm currently reprocessing a shoot I previously did in LR, and I'm quite stunned at the differences. (Sadly, I can't post any of them here... a work for hire.)

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
Started to go through all my images again to re-process some in C1 7 and I came across this pano from this summer in Maine. This is Bald Mountain which overlooks Lake Moxie in West Forks

D800 17-35mm 4 image pano.

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
Thank you Lloyd

I have been going to this area of Maine for over 15 years, and I can always find something worthy of photographing.

This is upper Moxie Falls.

D800 24-70mm f2.8

Bildifokus

An image from this morning when I was driving to my studio. I stopped the car and mounted my camera on the tripod and then composed my image. If I had been 20 minutes earlier the sky would be all purple and magenta. I hope to catch that one of this mornings but the bed is so warm and cosy. :)

Nikon D3x | AF-S 14-24/2,8 | f11 | 1/50 | iso 100 | Feisol CT-3472LV and CB-50D

eleanorbrown

Lloyd, I'll just say I'm slowly learning what color editor can do. Eleanor

The differences are quite pronounced, Eleanor. Did you use the Color Editor in C17?

I'm currently reprocessing a shoot I previously did in LR, and I'm quite stunned at the differences. (Sadly, I can't post any of them here... a work for hire.)

eleanorbrown

We took another Galveston to Bolivar Ferry ride yesterday afternoon and the birds were literally everywhere...never seen so many beautiful brown Pelicans anywhere, anytime. Here's a few (one is some type of Gull) taken with the 800e and 85 1.4 lens and processed in C1-7. I need to keep practicing with C1....haven't used it in a while but love this new version 7. eleanor

robsteve

Subscriber
My D800E just arrived this morning. It came with the 50mm and 85mm f1.8 G Nikkors. Here is a quick test shot with the 85mm. I am just figuring out the controls of the Nikon. This was shot at 1600iso and about f3.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.