The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleanorbrown

Shot with the D800e and 24 1.4 Nikon G lens last evening. West end of Galveston-San Luis Bridge at sunset. Light was really wonderful. I was standing in knee deep water and the current was playing havoc with my tripod! Actually we left too soon because on the drive back to Houston the western sky became brilliant with tones of peach, orange, gold, pink, blue etc etc. oh well..Eleanor

No focus stack but I did stop down more than normal f14 but still holding well. Damn lens is amazing for 400 bucks. Reminds me if the Voightlander 12mm for the M8 at the time only better.

Have to be honest C1 7 is pulling detail I have not seen on my E .
Excellent Photograph, very nice colors.

Magic

Usually I am not a great fan of re-posting your own replies, but I forgot to mention, for those who are interested, that the sailing boat you can see on the photo below is the "Maltese Falcon", a 88m Yacht, which was built in 2006 and sold in 2009 for 101 million Euro.
The Falcon is a high tech boat and you find lots of information online, especially about the unique sail system.

24-70/2.8, 1/500 sec at f / 6.3, ISO 200

Greetings, Jurgen[/QUOTE]

robsteve

Subscriber
These were shot on a D800E, using a Leica 400mm f2.8 APO-Telyt and a 1.4x APO extender. I put a Leitax mount on the extender, which allowed me to mount the large 400mm APO. If was shot at f3.5 on the lens, giving a 560mm f4, shot at f4.8 or what ever the half stop between f4 and f5.6.

It took a few tries at throwing and fetching the bumper before I could get any in focus. This is a series at the 4.5fps the D800E shoots.

Here is a picture of the rig. Excuse the quality of the photo, as it was shot with my cellphone.

eleanorbrown

Been doing some processing of North Dakota Badlands images in C1-7 taken with the D800e. Last one is of Longhorns in the evening, North Unit, Badlands.
All shot using the 14-24 2.8 lens..... Eleanor

Status
Not open for further replies.