The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

Like my good friend Lloyd, I am hopelessly behind. The bar keeps rising!!:clap:

Same old measly 12 mp.

Stan ROX

Re: Fun with the D600!

OK - a last one before I go to sleep.

This evening, I am in Saint Gall, Switzerland. They have a beautiful abbey - even at ISO 2000:

Nikon D600, AF-S 24-70 2.8
ISO 2000, 1/25 sec, f/2.8 @ 36 mm. Handheld.

This image is slighty polished in Lightroom:
Sharpening(73,1.3,25,0) and Denoising(66,100,83,50,52)
Its 1600x1200, so you might want to open it in a separate tab to zoom in to the picture ...

aboudd

Lisbon: Man watching man

Man viewing photo collage in the Lisbon Museum of Contemporary Art. D600, 45MM pancake.

Last edited:

Bildifokus

From the same location but different format. The first in 16:9 and the second in 1:1. I composed both with the horizontal line 1/3 in the image. This also was a rainy day with sky all grey. I used ND filter to get a long exposure.

Nikon D3x | PC-E 45/2,8D ED | Feisol CT-3472LV and CB-50D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I definitely prefer the 16:9 version. I might prefer the 1:1 version if the horizon were centered (hint!) ;)

markhout

I enjoy looking at this kind of graphic imagery... They are both entirely different images - I have no pref for the one or the other. If you center the horizon on the 1:1 image, then that's an entirely different 3rd image...

Bildifokus

More images in different formats. For me it´s a useful tool to get variations in a portrait shoot. :)

Nikon D3x | AF-S 85/1,4G | f2,0 | 1/60 | iso 160 | Feisol CT-3472LV and CB-50D | Lastolite RayD8 c3200 Continuous Lighting

robsteve

Subscriber
Once again, not as artistic as the above shots, but here are a couple Basketball shots from this morning. I picked these two because of the expression on their faces. Shot with the 70-200mm and 3200iso.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Portland Lighthouse, Portland, Maine
Nikon D800E; Nikon 14-28mm AFS f/2.8 at 14mm
Nice use of the super wide at Portland Head over that infernal fence!! (I wish someone would hide that horrible white plastic drain that I have a terrible time trying to hide when I shoot here myself).

Beautiful version of a great location.

Status
Not open for further replies.