The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashin

Nice use of the super wide at Portland Head over that infernal fence!!
LOL. It is not like Portland Head Lighthouse is on some isolated portion of the coastline. There is a whole city sitting behind it including a rather large park. At least they keep the porta-potties near the parking lots.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Nice use of the super wide at Portland Head over that infernal fence!! (I wish someone would hide that horrible white plastic drain that I have a terrible time trying to hide when I shoot here myself).

Beautiful version of a great location.
Thanks very much for your kind words! This is such a very beautiful lighthouse. I decided to hide the plastic drain with the rocks :)
Pramote

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
LOL. It is not like Portland Head Lighthouse is on some isolated portion of the coastline. There is a whole city sitting behind it including a rather large park. At least they keep the porta-potties near the parking lots.
Out west we just put up a low wooden fence and say go any further at your own risk :ROTFL: I like to think of it as "Darwinism" for thrill seekers and brave photographers.

The irony here of course is that at most of the other lighthouse locations up and down the coast (that you can get to) there's no fence at all. In fact, when I think of the fun of getting to the prime shooting location for Bass Harbor lighthouse it seems all the more ironic. That said, I can certainly appreciate the residents of Cape Elizabeth and Portland not wanting to lose their kids off the cliffs. :D

Interestingly enough it was the Portland Head lighthouse chain link fence that drove me to sell off my Gitzo traveller in favor of my Feisol because it was too short to easily shoot over the fence!

dmeckert

alright...at long last...posting a few photos again.

the dynamic range of the d600 is just plain stupid. i could barely keep my mouth from gaping as i fiddled with the raw files a bit the other day. the sliders move, and the invisible appears. lol

just a few pics from this little mining town called Nelson outside of vegas. nothing special. my main reason for being out there was shooting the 4x5 with film for the first time. all with the d600 + 28-105/3.5-4.5 (not the greatest lens, but its light-ish and does the trick for my weekend gig).

Lloyd

Stickan1: Love the mood of the image. Thanks for sharing.

Pramote: Amazing sky!

John: A very cool, and timeless looking image. Love the processing.

Jim: That's a favorite view of mine, and the moody clouds and light are perfect.

Gino: Clearly, the step out the comfort zone works! Very nice.

Daves: Great stuff! Impressive results. Have you had issues with dust on the sensor? Seems to be reported in some quarters as more than typical. Great to have you posting again, btw.

dmeckert

Thanks Lloyd :D. Its good to be posting again. I'm blown away by the new sensor. Sooooo far ahead of the d300 (minus a couple Os for the d700, but still massive).

I definitely have a couple dust goobers. Luckily i rarely shoot my own stuff at apertures small enough to notice. Ill have to become adept at cleaning for next sports season, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.