The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanS

Thanks Guys (and Guy). Bob, interesting shot, looks like the room is floating...well seen.
Alan.

ausemmao

Messing around with the tilt shift to reduce DoF

Same again - Who said 24mm (ok, I cheat and it's 36 in this case) wasn't a portrait FL?

The 85 1.8D isn't that horrible a lens...:)

Lloyd

Very nice work, fotom. Very nice indeed. The "special available light" is spectacular!! The skyline of Frankfurt/Main, besides looking nothing like it did the last time I was there (which was more than 40 years ago!), is very interesting. Looks like an artist's rendering.

Lloyd

Messing around with the tilt shift to reduce DoF

Same again - Who said 24mm (ok, I cheat and it's 36 in this case) wasn't a portrait FL?

The 85 1.8D isn't that horrible a lens...:)
Nice set. You do have some very attractive subjects as well. :salute:

bensonga

Some terrific images here! It's been awhile since I've posted anything. Hard to believe I haven't used my D800E since JUNE. The D700 however, has been a frequent companion. My 24-120/4 VR lens has found a good home on the D700. It's an excellent combination....a great "walk around" camera. :D

Here's a shot I took several weeks ago of an old friend. Alaska Railroad Locomotive 1806....being dismantled for scrap. 1806 and 1802 were recently hauled away to the scrap yard (also the AK RR American Electric crane, their long time companion). I've taken photos of these three beasts for 15+ years. Now there is just an empty space in the rail yard where they were parked for so many, many years. :(

Gone but not forgotten......

Last edited:

bensonga

After many years of service.....the end is near. I know that not every piece of machinery or equipment has lasting historical value or is worth the cost of being restored and preserved.

I'm just glad that I have some photos of these two locomotives, to remind me (and others) of what was once here, in this place.

D700, 24-120/4 VR lens

bensonga

Not to be outshone by 1806....here is the ugly mug of 1802.

He and I have posed together for a self-portrait on one or two occasions. :eek:

Perhaps a bit of background.....my father worked for a railroad for 40+ years. I guess it's in my blood.

D800E and the 28/1.8G lens (nice camera/lens...I should get out and use it more often)

Swissblad

Thanks for posting these Alaskan locomotive images, very evocative - nice to see them again:)
I remember spending my afternoons walking through old stream train cemeteries.

Well most of the images I have produced lately are commercial architecture or still live, so I'll start posting some of them.
Talking about architecture, I really miss the 24mm TS-E II from Canon. Still waiting for something to happen on this respect and thinking of getting the Nikon 28mm TS that according to some people in the forum, is a respectable lens.

fotom

Very nice work, fotom. Very nice indeed. The "special available light" is spectacular!! The skyline of Frankfurt/Main, besides looking nothing like it did the last time I was there (which was more than 40 years ago!), is very interesting. Looks like an artist's rendering.
Thank you, Lloyd.

I have some more available light pictures taken with the D3s and the 85/1,4G.

Maybe it was not a good idea to give this lens away... :eek:

If you like the Frankfurt skyline try this:

Nikon D800, 14-24/2,8G, blue hour.

View attachment 66297

Magic

Greetings from the US,

unfortunately I have only PS Elements on my MacBook Air here but I hope it will be OK.

On Rodeo Drive:

D800, 24-70/2.8, 1/25 sec at f / 2.8, ISO1000:

D800, 24-70,2.8, 1/80 sec at f / 3.5, ISO800:

Bad weather in LA at Santa Monica Beach:
D800, 24-70/2.8, 1/30 sec at f / 2.8, ISO640

Greetings, Jurgen

fotom

Jurgen,

have you used a tripod for your shots? Never got that sharp and clear pictures out of the hand with my D800 and that lens... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.