The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayyan

A quick explanation. I was shooting stranger portraits...stopping random people and asking to take their picture... when I saw three young women coming my direction. When they got close, I asked the two blondes (first image) if I could shoot them. I took a couple shots, showed them what I got (I also always offer to send them a copy), said thanks. While I was fiddling with my camera they all started to walk away. I called out to the redhead, and said that I wanted to shoot her too. She was shocked... I'm sure she thought I only considered the blondes worthy, and wouldn't care about shooting her... but she stopped and said ok. She was shy, and a little stiff at first, but opened up after a couple of shots, so I got this. Beautiful young woman, and my favorite shot of the day!

(Yes, I'm a sucker for redheads, but I come by it honestly... one gave birth to me, and I married another. :))
Lloyd, you do not need give us excuses my friend.:D
These are wonderful shots. And you seem to be more than confident nowadays, with pretty strangers...hmmm.

Lloyd, I would like to thank you and all my friends who posted their ' like ' on
my post.

I am grateful to you all.

Lloyd

I'm grateful to you, my friend. Best to the lovely Ayesha!

(Are your new cameras still "on tour"?)

rayyan

I'm grateful to you, my friend. Best to the lovely Ayesha!

(Are your new cameras still "on tour"?)
You welcome sir.
The Fuji is in the States right now, having traveled thru Canada. Shall return
to Canada after 2 weeks. Even when back home, I have a feeling it won't be mine!:eek:

Best to Mimi and the little one.

p.s the ME is with my son-in-law. Wants to see what the fuss with Leica is all about.
I do have the RX100 and my M8s and the D700 right now.

Lloyd

Another "Street Portrait". I didn't ask this dapper young man first, just grabbed him with a 300mm lens.

D3s, 300/2.8 @ f2.8:

Lloyd

Thanks. No, pre VR version. It was too bright out for VR anyway. That said, I'd love to have the new one.

fotom

Thanks. No, pre VR version. It was too bright out for VR anyway. That said, I'd love to have the new one.
I believe with a D800 a 300/2,8VR would be better. But the D3s is still working fine with it, so why change?

My longest lens on my D3s ever was my 70-200/2,8VR. Now sometimes I miss 300mm. Therefor I will get me a D300s as an extender and I have my 300mm with the 70-200 again...

Need it for stuff like that:

ILA 2010 with D300 and Sigma 70-200/2,8. The AF was... :deadhorse: and I missed a lot of pictures.

In 2012 I had the D3s and the D3x with the Nikon 70-200/2,8 but sometimes was not close enough for the pictures I wanted.

Edit: For that Top Gun style "fly by" picture I needed three turns of waiting. Any time I had clear view a bus stopped in front of me and I couldn´t take that picture. Last round I was successful. Anyway I was the only guy away from the runway to get a picture like that. all others had been somewhere close...

View attachment 66416

View attachment 66417

View attachment 66418

View attachment 66419

View attachment 66420

Lloyd

Great stuff. I'm a big fan of aviation photography, and these are great.

The D3s works fine for most of my work. I also occasionally shoot MF, but haven't really considered getting a D800(e) yet, as it would be overkill for my work, 99% of the time.
That said, my work has one available, but I've just never bothered.

I do shoot a lot of long glass, e.g., 200/2, 300/2.8, 400/2.8, 500/4.0, and the 200-400/4.0. I only own the first and last of those, but have the others available at work, but only shoot them a few times each year.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
As much as I like girls, blondes, redheads, any variety, this one is my favourite of the day. Good one :thumbup:

Another "Street Portrait". I didn't ask this dapper young man first, just grabbed him with a 300mm lens.

D3s, 300/2.8 @ f2.8:

Amin

Re: Fun with the D600!

So, how many other cameras do you "have" to buy before your resolution kicks in? (Are you just betting you have a month before your wife sees the credit card bill and takes the card away from you for a year?)
Nah, my wife is pretty understanding about it all, and I'm pretty good about self regulating. No more cameras for me until 2014! Maybe a lens or two ;).

Shashin

Re: Fun with the D600!

Nah, my wife is pretty understanding about it all, and I'm pretty good about self regulating. No more cameras for me until 2014! Maybe a lens or two ;).
I now how that works. You tell your wife you just want a Zeiss Sonnar 35mm f/2 lens and just forget to mention the compact 35mm sensor body it is attached to. ;)

But seriously, good resolution. I have only ever bought two digital cameras in my life (for myself). I enjoy the technology, but the buying part is not so much fun--I really don't like shopping. It is a tiring process. I rather think about the next picture and location rather than the next thing.

Good luck. Hopefully all the releases next year will be really boring...

Status
Not open for further replies.