The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

2 Golfer...100% crops out of the original photos. That white spot at Tiger's lip is a bread crumb - no sensor dirt...

D800, 70-200/2.8, 1/400 sec at f / 6.3, ISO 100:

D800, 70-200/2.8, 1/640 sec at f / 5.6, ISO 100:

Greetings, Jurgen

Last edited:

aboudd

Re: Fun with the D600!

The first day in Siesta Key I found these four gentlemen playing shuffle board. I think you can tell from the body language who is losing.

Last edited:

aboudd

Summer of Love Redux

Siesta Key beach has a ritual on Sundays, a drum circle. Various people bring congas, tom-toms, bongos and other assorted percussion instruments to welcome the sunset. It is a bit of a '60s throwback, sans the sweet smell of pot.

It is a family affair with lots of kids using hula hoops. I didn't know those things were back in vogue. For you aging boomers, this will being back fond memories, for you X and Y people, this will explain your parent's behavior.

You're welcome!

Last edited:

D&A

The first day in Siesta Key I found these four gentlemen playing shuffle board. I think you can tell from the body language who is losing.
Let me guess...the guy who lost his shirt in a bet playing shuffle board :ROTFL: (I couldn't resist) :)

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Re: Summer of Love Redux

Siesta Key beach has a ritual on Sundays, a drum circle. Various people bring congas, tom-toms, bongos and other assorted percussion instruments to welcome the sunset. It is a bit of a '60s throwback, sans the sweet smell of pot.

It is a family affair with lots of kids using hula hoops. I didn't know those things were back in vogue. For you aging boomers, this will being back fond memories, for you X and Y people, this will explain your parent's behavior.

You're welcome!
Thats wild!! Interesting shots and glad you posted them! I heard this (drum circles) were becoming in vogue in a number of other locations. Wonder if they have the same connotations? I've seen a few pics, but nothing on the scale where there are these many participants (and observers). There are though a couple things wrong with these images.

1. Isn't the photographer supposed to hand over his camera to someone and start doing the "Watusi"? (and have someone document it?) :) For those who don't know, it's the perfect dance to complement this "period" ritual.

2. Don't tell me you're there now soaking up the sun while in this neck of the woods, at least where I am, it's snowing and approx 4-6 inches will fall in next few hours! Totally unfair! :angry:

Yes, something all wrong with all this...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

aboudd

Yes Dave, I have been here since Sunday. Today it is raining a little bit and slightly windy. I know I have your sympathy for my troubles.

I've been doing some food shooting while I am here. I was forced to eat this crepe with chocolate and strawberries by the restaurant owner after shooting it. Photography really can be a bitch.

Last edited:

D&A

Yes Dave, I have been here since Sunday. Today it is raining a little bit and slightly windy. I know I have your sympathy for my troubles.

I've been doing some food shooting while I am here. I was forced to eat this crepe with chocolate and strawberries by the restaurant owner after shooting it. Photography really can be a bitch.
Snow was coming down heavily for about 2 hours (seems it was that way in some areas south of D.C.) but now appears to be a bust and doubt we'll get more than a dusting from the stuff that is sticking. Guess no interesting snow scenes images possible for tomorrow. :(

Yum, may I ask which resturaunt in the area serves up such a delicious looking crepe'? (I'll have to stop by sometime and try it). It certainly looks better than they ones I attempt making at home and here I thought mine weren't too bad.

Dave (D&A)

aboudd

Snow was coming down heavily for about 2 hours (seems it was that way in some areas south of D.C.) but now appears to be a bust and doubt we'll get more than a dusting from the stuff that is sticking. Guess no interesting snow scenes images possible for tomorrow. :(

Yum, may I ask which resturaunt in the area serves up such a delicious looking crepe'? (I'll have to stop by sometime and try it). It certainly looks better than they ones I attempt making at home and here I thought mine weren't too bad.

Dave (D&A)
Bonjour French Cafe in Siesta Key, FL. The owners are French, crepes are in their DNA.

Last edited:

D&A

Bonjour French Cafe in Siesta Key, FL. The owners are French, crepes are in their DNA.
Thanks Aboud! When you said "you've been here since Sunday", I thought you meant you've been back in the D.C. area since Sunday....especially since you mentioned it was raining lightly.....which was exactly what the weather was like in D.C. today!

Guess my dream of heading down there to taste some crepes weekend won't be realized based on what I thought (thinking you were in the D.C. area photographing them). :( Hmmm, maybe they "deliver"...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

eleanorbrown

Well got back to Colorado yesterday and had to shoot with the 800e and Zeiss 100 lens on our drive over Loveland Pass. Weather was beautiful. This was a 4 shot pan hand held, slightly cropped to fit on the page better. Will be traveling to Yellowstone next week for a snow coach trip over the park roads. Hope to have some good light for photographing! More later! Eleanor

BSEH

With -17 celcius the other night, I start miss summer and found this funny old summer picture take with my first DSLR, a Nikon D50 with a kit 55-200 lens.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Went to a polo tournament today. A first for me, but very enjoyable :)

D2Xs with 300mm f/4.0 AF @ f/5.6

D2Xs with 300mm f/4.0 AF @ f/4.0

aboudd

Venice Florida

The other West coast Venice is here in Florida. Captured this mural in an 8-image stitch with the 85 on the D600.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.