The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Pearl St, NYC...

And the Flatiron Building! Of course! Who could possibly visit NYC with a camera and not snap away at this landmark?

aboudd

Inauguration Day 2013

This is a sunrise view from our apartment's roof about 3 miles as the crow flies. Taken with a 200MM AIS on D600, cropped about 75%. The flags on the front of the Capitol are for the inauguration only.

Last edited:

D&A

Re: Inauguration Day 2013

This is a sunrise view from our apartment's roof about 3 miles as the crow flies. Taken with a 200MM AIS on D600, cropped about 75%. The flags on the front of the Capitol are for the inauguration only.
Lovely sunrise image Aboud! As sort of a addition to your image, I just posted two images in the Leica forum taken during the last inaugural, showing preparation of the Capitol for this historic occasion.

Dave (D&A)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Lovely sunrise image Aboud! As sort of a addition to your image, I just posted two images in the Leica forum taken during the last inaugural, showing preparation of the Capitol for this historic occasion.

Dave (D&A)
Off topic ...
If they numbered inaugurations like super bowls this would be Inauguration LVII

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you, Jorgen. The D2x has excellent colours too, I was quite impressed by the results at low-ish ISO when I had it.
The D2X (D2Xs in my case) is a fantastic daylight camera. Fast and reliable and as you say, with beautiful colours. The auto WB isn't much to write home about, but as long as I shoot RAW, that's not a big headache either.

D&A

Off topic ...
If they numbered inaugurations like super bowls this would be Inauguration LVII
...And just like the Super Bowl, this inauguration had pleanty of pop culture singers this time....quite a change from previous inaugurations.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

gurtch

We are still not home after Sandy, but are living in a friends home three off the beach, so I have plenty of opportunities. These were all taken in the last several months. They were edited and optimized on a laptop, so I kept the masters intact, to tweak on my desktop PC with calibrated monitor. If the color balance and exposure seem off, it is because as I tilt the laptop screen, the brightness/colors change. Moving target. All with D800E, 18mm Zeiss, 24-70 f2.8 Tamron VC, and 70-300 Tamron VC. The 7-300 Tamron is a VERY pleasant surprise!! Highly recommended.
Thanks all for your previous good wishes.
Dave in NJ

Last edited:

gurtch

Here are several more. I have been very busy. Keeps my mind off of the devastation we have seen here on Long Beach Island, NJ (LBI).
Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.