The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

markhout

Jim - love the tonality, but also how you deal with both ends of the histogram - you are rightfully not bothered with blown highlights or dark darks...

I stepped out over the weekend for a quick pic: 24mm 1.4 @4.5, ISO 125, D800E. Lightroom, then Silver Efex Pro 2.

D&A

Beautiful Jim,

My favourites the first and last one. What lenses did you use?
ACH
Jim, the images are hauntingly beautiful and striking. Nicely done! I too like the 1st and last one best. I like the tonality, giving the images the look of a "period piece"

Dave (D&A)

D&A

I love colors in both of these images Antonio. I'm curious about your experience using the Pentax 645 lens on the D800. I know the 45-85 is reputed to be quite good on the Pentax 645D. Are you using any other P645 lenses on your D800? Which lens adapter are you using?

Gary
Antonio, I agree with Gary...the olors reproduced in your interior shots are striking. Compositionally, they are done exceedingly well.

Gary, I can't answer for Antonio, but as I've mentioned previously, the Pentax 645 lenses I've tried on the Nikon have been exceptionally good and having that larger image circle for the 35mm format truly helps.

I've been using the Rainbow Imaging adapter to mount the 645 lenses onto a Nikon body, and no issues so far.

Dave (D&A)

Antonio, I agree with Gary...the olors reproduced in your interior shots are striking. Compositionally, they are done exceedingly well.

Gary, I can't answer for Antonio, but as I've mentioned previously, the Pentax 645 lenses I've tried on the Nikon have been exceptionally good and having that larger image circle for the 35mm format truly helps.

I've been using the Rainbow Imaging adapter to mount the 645 lenses onto a Nikon body, and no issues so far.

Dave (D&A)
Thank You Dave.

Since I been using CaptureOne 7 in combination with the D800, colors and detail are much better and with and additional creamy quality that I never had with ACR.

Somebody else PM to me about a good adapter. Mine is not so good. I'm glad you posted about yours which is the good one.

Sometime I use the Horseman VCC Pro with the P645 adapter + 35mm Pentax 645 as well. It's pretty good combo. The heavier lenses like the 45-85 cannot be use on the Horseman because they tilt down the front standard.

ACH

I love colors in both of these images Antonio. I'm curious about your experience using the Pentax 645 lens on the D800. I know the 45-85 is reputed to be quite good on the Pentax 645D. Are you using any other P645 lenses on your D800? Which lens adapter are you using?

Gary
Hi Gary, thanks for your comments.

The Pentax 645 are exceptional lenses, meaning sharpness, detail, colour and bokeh.

They are difficult to focus due to f/4 or f/3.5 diaphragms. Live view focusing being a most.

I'm using the 35 A, 120 macro A and the 45-85 FA. They are all very good, strong and heavy.

For traveling I found myself leaving the camera at the hotel so I opted to buy a Zeiss 35/2 and Nikon 60 macro G. These are light and small and end up using them in my day by day work.

The advantage of using the Pentax 645 lenses would make more sense if you can buy a Zoerk Shift adapter to shoot spaces and buildings, otherwise just stay Nikon which are excellent lenses.

ACH

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

From the Peace Pagoda in Battersea Park, London

©lick for native size (9.8 Mb)

© • Nikon D800E • AF-S Nikkor 1.4/85mm G • 1/1000 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Lightroom 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.