The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanS

O.K. Last one from last week, I promise! I don't really do sunrise/set pics but the forcast was good so I thought I would get up and have a go. Well as you can see it was subtle to say the least, but I kind of like it. 4 shot stitch with D600 and Samyang 35mm.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks for the kind comments everyone. It was such an interesting snow day, with different moods and lights, though thickly cloudy and snowing all day. At the risk of being a snow bore here are two with the 70-200 f4, which I really like.

Truly amazing imagery Tim! Great work.
Pramote

AlanS

From RVB
That Samyang 35mm seems pretty good,although harder to tell from a small jpeg,I wonder If Tim Ashley might be planning a test on this..
Yes it is very good, no autofocus of course but I hyperfocal focus most of the time so is not important to me. Would be interesting to see what Tim thought of it.

AlanS

Hi Tim,
I tend to stop down to f11 or f16 for front to back sharpness (I can live with mild diffraction) but from f2 it is sharp. I have not really looked that hard at the extreme edges at wider apertures ( f2 to f5.6) which you seem to shoot at. And to be clear, the edges are very good the way I use the lens.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Hi Tim,
I tend to stop down to f11 or f16 for front to back sharpness (I can live with mild diffraction) but from f2 it is sharp. I have not really looked that hard at the extreme edges at wider apertures ( f2 to f5.6) which you seem to shoot at. And to be clear, the edges are very good the way I use the lens.
Thanks Alan,
I tend to expect a lens to be sharp at the edge by F5.6 (or at latest F8) when viewed at 50% on scree. If it can do that, it's interesting - but it's amazing how many lenses fail to get over that relatively low bar!

AlanS

Tim,
I think that it should pass that test. (my copy may not be typical but I have not seen anything to make me think it is).

ceh

Lloyd,
Thank you.
:)
D600,24-85VR,85mm,pano-tripod,10 images stitched PTGui Pro..

Status
Not open for further replies.