The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

Thank you Thorkil. Sadly I moved from Lofoten to Bergen again in Desember last year, due to personal reasons. I still have a lot of unfinished work though and I will be posting as I finish it.
Okay, then, Fredrick. Things in life can be very hard to predict. And we often, for some part, have to accept that life is playing around with us as small parts of a greater jigsaw puzzle, and we just sometimes have rely on the inevitability, just to strech our arms out and let us be floating along.
But looking forward to se some of your pictures, when you have handled them :).
Best Thorkil

gurtch

Nikon D800E.

The weather has been miserable here, but life goes on after Sandy. Three Surfers took advantage of brief sunshine, a few days back, wearing wet suits to surf. Today (March 21), it actually snowed here continuously, but beach repair continued unabated.
Dave

Last edited:

Bildifokus

In two months there will be fields of rapeseed in the South of Sweden. But today when the snow is covering those fields and the temperature is below zero it feels unrealistic. :)

Nikon D3x | AF-S 85/1,4G | f4 | 1/1000s | iso 100

scho

New D800e user here. Coming from smaller formats recently (Leica, Sigma Merrills, Fuji, etc.) this is going to take some time to get used to a big dslr again (last was a 5D2). My starting lens kit includes 3 1.8 Gs (28, 50, 85) and the limited snaps taken so far have been pleasing (I'm hoping to keep lens lust at bay here).:) I like the relatively light weight of these new primes and the performance is also quite good.

Here are a couple of shots from my first walkabout with the D800e using the 28 1.8G.

Clicking on this first shot will bring up a full size image.

This is just a reference shot of the same scene taken last summer with the Sigma DP1M (28mm equiv lens) (also click for full size).

Second shot with the D800e (not full size).

tashley

Subscriber Member
Some with a D800E and Zeiss 21mm F2,8 on acrca cube/gitzo carbon. The first is a straight shot, the rest are multiple exposures combined in Helicon. My technique not perfect in a couple but honestly, if you'd shown me these two years ago I'd have certainly thought they were medium format...

All shot in a recently abandoned building.

full size

full size

full size

full size

full size

bensonga

There are some terrific images posted here since my last visit!

I am printing this weekend for an upcoming color print exchange. Both of these images were taken with my D700 and the 24-120 f4 VR lens, while I wandered around the Anchorage Fur Rondy carnival a few weeks ago.

The first image is my official submission for the print exchange...an image that is somewhat out of character for me. The second image is a bonus print I'm including and provides some context for the first image. It is the type of image I normally would have submitted.

If I could only keep one DSLR and lens, it would be my D700 and 24-120 f4 VR....it suits my DSLR shooting style and requirements perfectly.

Gary

Cooking Funnel Cakes

Hello, hello....could someone help me here?

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Gary - good choice with #1 :thumbs:

I'd be tempted to crop/clone out the yellow tag distraction at the bottom of the image but I love the mood and composition.

bensonga

Thanks Graham....and that's a good suggestion about the yellow tag on the bottom left. I hadn't really thought of it, but I will make a print with it cropped out to compare. That set was printed on Epson premium glossy paper, to bring out the condensation on the glass above the burners, so it wouldn't cost me much to reprint the whole set (12 prints). I printed the second image on Epson Exhibition Fiber....which is quickly becoming one of my favorite papers. EEF is a little brighter white than Ilford Gold Fibre Silk, so it's nice to have that option.

Gary

Last edited:

RVB

Some with a D800E and Zeiss 21mm F2,8 on acrca cube/gitzo carbon. The first is a straight shot, the rest are multiple exposures combined in Helicon. My technique not perfect in a couple but honestly, if you'd shown me these two years ago I'd have certainly thought they were medium format...

All shot in a recently abandoned building.

Tim,for me the second shot is the charm...

RVB

New D800e user here. Coming from smaller formats recently (Leica, Sigma Merrills, Fuji, etc.) this is going to take some time to get used to a big dslr again (last was a 5D2). My starting lens kit includes 3 1.8 Gs (28, 50, 85) and the limited snaps taken so far have been pleasing (I'm hoping to keep lens lust at bay here).:) I like the relatively light weight of these new primes and the performance is also quite good.

Here are a couple of shots from my first walkabout with the D800e using the 28 1.8G.

These shot's really show the amazing dynamic range of this camera..

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Quick road trip to California for golf a few months ago, took the Nikon kit. This one prints up nice.

Nikon d800e with 35mm Zeiss Distagon f/2, 1.6 secs at f/16, ISO 100

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.